Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AHHHHHH, I just called my dodge dealer to ask him about dodge's website, it says "see your dealer for pricing" for the srt-4, and I called him to confirm that my deposit locked my price at $19,995 and he said that it's locked at that price so they can't change it, and I then asked him what number I was on the waiting list for ordering and he just said THE ORDER WENT THROUGH TODAY AND MINE WAS THE FIRST ORDER IN THEIR SYSTEM!!!!!!! He said now they're just waiting to be trained on the car and then I should get mine, AHHHH!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D ...sorry, a little excited :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Im going to have to say no... until more than one person is able to order. The reason I say no is because dealers usually try to pump people up, and since he put his deposit down they dont want him to take it back. Just a guess. I have one question though, it is rumored that Florida and Cali will get the first batch, does that mean they will be in Florida and Cali dealer computers first?

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
No it's a nationwide system. BTW My bud said they have seen nothing about sales being in Cali. and Florida first, but he did say that the Training they have to do will be in Cali. or Florida.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmm, well I live in florida, so hey, that works for me, but my dealer is very careful about what he does and doesn't tell me, if I ask him something and he doesn't know he'll always say "if I told you I'd be lying to you", so he is telling the truth about the order going through, and despite the fact that 1/2 the stuff at neons.org is bullshit, I saw a thread stating that "dec. 16th will be the first day you are able to order the srt -4", and considering dodge changed their website around last night and says to "see dealer for pricing info" on the srt-4, I'm pretty sure my dealer isn't just making it up that my order went through :D

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Well you Know what, Your the only one in the whole country that has an order in now so congrats. Because nobody elses can go in. Your dealer must have more sales than any other in the county and have an inside scoop. Or your dealer is BS'n you. I vote for the later.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Say what you want, but I don't see anybody else coming in here saying that they haven't been able to place an order yet, try calling around tomorrow and see what info you guys can get. I mean look at the hints, dodge's website changed for the srt-4, it says to ask your dealer for pricing, I've heard rumors about being able to order them today, and then my dodge dealer said what he did...personally I don't think he's BSing me, but if some other people can call around to their dealers tomorrow that'd be great and post in here what happens

·
Registered
103 Posts
not taking any credit away from you but I honestly believe that your dealer doesnt exactly know what he is talking about. Maybe you are on the list for the order to go down. Like what was said in another post, it is a nationwide system if your dealers computer lets you order than mine would too, and as of 8pm this evening NOTHING, which sucks I was hoping it would be different. You have to remember one thing dealers want to make money and want return customers, they tell you what they want you to hear. I have heard that "if I said different I would be lying" a million times, it makes me laugh, because thats all they are is liars, lawyers and car sales men have the same attitudes and that is to lie if it will let them win.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, true, just he knows that I already have a deposit on the car and that I am getting the car so I don't really see a reason as to why he would lie about that to me. If I was a customer who was kind of interested, then yeah, I could see him saying that to keep me interested and not lose my business, but I already made a deposit and he knew I was getting the car no matter what, so I don't really see what the point in him lying would be exactly, but who knows, can anyone else try to call their deaslerships today and see if they get anything??

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Terminator, I hope that for your sake the dealer is not lying to you. Here is some information I can offer you. I used to be a car salesman and BSing a customer was our daily routine and that's a fact. One way you can see if he is f'ing with you is to call him and ask him for your order number. Everytime a car is ordered, it assigned an order number. This order number is used to track the cars production down the assembly line, paint booth etc. until it gets to the dealership. Tell him/her (dealer) that you know someone that works for DC, and you want your friend/relative to check on the order. Every car that I order, my dad (who works for DC) monitors the car until it reaches the dealer and he will do the same when I order my SRT. I talked to the owner (friend of family) of our local dodge dealer this morning and the update is that he had to renew his contract with Dodge. My region has been chosen by DC to attend schooling for this car in March. Only selected dealers will be able to sell these cars due to its limited availability. 2 factors are 5-star service and sales volume. I hope this information helps out.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Don't give Terminator too much of a hard time now. I called my dealership and they said there may be a difference between "seeing" the SRT-4 in the system as opposed to trying to "submit" an order. It may be that if a dealership types in the order codes and submits it, it may go through (even though the codes don't show yet.) We already know the codes, so it may go through. Also, I live in Indianapolis and I don't believe the midwest will be able to get theirs until after dealer training (possibly March.)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah I wonder how true this is about when regions will get these cars, it doesnt seem to make much sense. Why the furthest away from the plant first, and the closest last? If this is true than when will Denver, Colorado get its first shipment? My dealer said they have a person attending the class within the next couple weeks he didnt know the exact date though. If this is true than it goes against what is being said.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Not my dealer....I don't have a SRT-4 dealer or a DODGE dealer and would never admit to havng one if I did.....BUT there is a dealer that will be going to the class in florida on the 22nd of January and he said something about it being an SRT class. He happens to work in, around, near a DODGE dealership and he asked me what color neon I would glance at .....if it were there in the showroom.
GOD I HATE DODGE!........
But if the black one is there and no one has a bill of sell in there hand I will do everything in my power to buy it.....then I'll polish it with a box of huggs then sleep in it and then love her and hug her and name it.......

Drove a Mazdaspeed and a Mach 1 today, both black and Yes I'm holding out.

-James

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Temminator. If your dealer really can order SRT's, tell them to call my dealership and let them know how. Please. I work at Susquehanna Dodge in York, PA and I went in to work today and tried personally to order one but the SRT does not even show up in our system.

·
Registered
175 Posts
my dealer out here in southern california was telling me that the SRT-4 release date has been pushed back to late spring or early summer.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I asked a dealer at the local DODGE dealership what was an expectation of seeing a SRT-4 on the lot and his reply was I would have to order it and they couldn't do that after the 25th of January. Reason being was the scheduling of the SRT class and the certification to order it.

-James

·
Registered
726 Posts
At least you wake up from a nightmare...

I have been busy working every angle I could think of...all amounting to a big ball of confusion, frustration and distaste for Dodge in general. I started with my local dealer. Not even showing in his system yet (BUT, I can order an '04 Stratus Sedan if I want - it shows up in the Dodge computer already for order!) Called the Dodge toll free number today (I think I got what I payed for by calling on their dime) and was read a spec sheet on the SRT-4...and even IT WAS WRONG! I asked a list of questions of their rep and all she could do was read me a freakin' incorrect spec sheet (205 hp?!?!) She didn't even know about the classes in FL & CA. At least she was pleasant while she was being useless. I have to wonder about a company that professes to wanting to sell cars and become profitable yet can't even get their info straight for a group of people that represent a GUARANTEED sale. I don't know if DC deserves the devotion I've shown it. They certainly aren't showing it back. (OK...I'll get off my soap box now.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
10 Participants
ohyeahwright
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing