Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine! Black, $19,100 at Hayward Dodge!

Now to learn how to drive stick... hehehe. Funny, I bought the car with 30 minutes of manual practice under my belt, but this baby seems to have enough power and a nice enough clutch that it will be no sweat.

Gotta be gentle until 1000 miles...

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah, me too. I'm going to go to the Blockbuster that's about 3 miles from home, but it might take me a few hours to get there.... WOOOOHAAA!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Ok, this is my final congrats. If I continue to congratulate everyone that comes here on this board saying they just got their new SRT-4 I'll have about 10,000 posts.

CONGRATS srt4evah, and to all of you future SRT-4 owners! :wink:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, can anyone advise a guy that's new to sticks what NOT to do? I want to break my baby in gently... and I've already busted it to redline maybe 3 times in the first 120 miles... it's SO HARD NOT TO!!! ARRRRGH!!!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted this Q: in Off-topic as well, but I don't think that gets as much read-through:

How do I fix my sig to display the image at original size? The image I'm linking to is 192x147 or so, but it's blowing up to 400xsomething.

? :?:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
:D yippy .. post us pics

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
8)

So it's 4:23AM, and I've finally decided to stop driving. I bought the car around 4PM, and I have put about 160 miles on it in the last 12 hours (had to stop for Starbucks).

And, as requested, PICS!!!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
red boxes !! :evil:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Congratz man i hope you love it as much as everyone else....Yeah you might want to watch the low gear red line runs...But i think some people said some 3rd gear red line runs help to break it in...But congratz and get those pics fixed...
Joe

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I think im going to just go ahead and let the dealer put a permanent plate on the front. I really wish I didnt have to, but I cant give a cop a reason to pull me over later night after leaving the bar when Ive had more than 2 drinks :roll:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Question i am from indiana and we dont have to have front plate....And my question is could you use like zip ties or soething so you dont have to permantely damage it...I was just curious about that...Or any other means of holding it on instead of ruining the front bumper...
Joe

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I used zip ties to hold my plates on my 95 Neon. You just gotta check it every month or so, the zip ties will eventually get brittle from weathering and break appart. I was gonna try and make some kinda non-permanent bracket for the front.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Yeah i would hate to see you get the beauty and then go ahead and put a few holes in it's face i mean come on that is SO wrong....But that was just an ideal i had and i hope it works for all you front license plate people....

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually I looked at it, it's not drilled in. I think it's just clipped on.

Anyone have recommendations for a California driven vehicle? What's the fine like, how likely is it to happen, etc.?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
15 Participants
srt4evah
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing