Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the day off today, so I decided to call my buddy over and have him help me install the custom grill mesh that I got from Matt at www.customcargrills.com . The install was pretty much straight forward and the only real pain in the ass was removing the 6 nuts that hold the the front fascia to the fenders. The install took about 3 hrs. from start to finish. Matt will be having a group buy on these and they are well worth it IMHO. I never realized how cheap and flimsy the stock mesh was until today!! These grill inserts from Matt are of high quality. They are not painted, they are powder coated!! This will insure that these inserts will last!! Just a note to the guys that just want the "nostrils".... get the whole kit!! You will be removing the fascia anyways so you might as well do the complete job!!

Here are some pics!!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
looks good. i like the mesh over the nostrils too.:D

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
not hard at all to remove it, just uncomfortable to get the six bolts out from underneath the wheel well. Hey drizzie how did you mount the pieces inside the nostril?? did they bolt in from behind the grill?

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
jiggalude said:
[B ... how did you mount the pieces inside the nostril?? did they bolt in from behind the grill? [/B]
yeah drizze....ditto!!!!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jiggalude said:
not hard at all to remove it, just uncomfortable to get the six bolts out from underneath the wheel well. Hey drizzie how did you mount the pieces inside the nostril?? did they bolt in from behind the grill?
funks- The removal of the front bumper was not that difficult. There are only 6 bolts that are a little pain in the ass. They are the ones that bolt the fascia to the fender. After you remove the headlights, you will find them. THe one in the back is the toughest to get to, but it's not that bad.

jiggalude- the nostril pieces are completely flat when you get them. What I did, was place them on the nostril holes and them bend the grill around the opening with needle nose pliers. I made sure that I bent them enough that once the grill is put into place, it would be a real snug fit. Then, when you carefully put your fascia back on the car, they will be held into place by what's behind them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts