Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...i was just wondering what exhaiust setups everyone is running or has run? Which ones do you guys like the most?
I am also wondering if any of you central NJ guys are running a catless mpx exhaust? I have a catted mpx exhaust and am planning to throw my catless dp on soon but was hoping to check out the difference in sound/odors before going catless.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Yes going catless stinks. If a cop is behind you longer than 10 minutes they will smell it. The mpx catless and Injen turboback exhaust are the coolest sounding for these cars, but very loud. They sound similar because I believe they both use the same size resonator. If you have a catted downpipe with a 24" resonator it is quieter than stock. My car doesn't snap crackle pop like most as it has a 18" resonator.

·
Registered
14,833 Posts
I run a Needswings catted y-pipe with electronic cutout into the Mopar catback exhaust. Slightly louder than stock until I open the cutout.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
42 Posts
When I was stock, I had the needswings budget cat delete downpipe. It is still the 2.25 piping just without a cat. Best set up for stock turbo making around 300-320. Not too loud and you don’t lose torque when you install a full 3 inch and I think it an Overkill for a stock turbo IMO. 2.25 piping from the o2 to the tips makes good power.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I remember someone not losing power when they stuck the stock exhaust back on after they had a catless DP installed on their stock turbo car..
At higher power levels that spaghetti in the back robs power for sure. I definitely gained power and faster spool with my stage 3 at 25psi on meth back in the day. No numbers to prove it though.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
42 Posts
For stock turbo yes 3 inch = faster spool and gain some horses. But you Loose Torque. Its been argued since the early days that people felt “slower” when a 3 inch exhaust was installed. It’s kind of true because I’ve had both 3 inch and 2.25 piping to test and the 3 inch made my car a tad slower. Just giving my experience.

·
Registered
04 Silver SRT4
8 Posts
MPx side exit all the way. Unless you don’t like a rowdy sound. And if that’s the case I’m not sure why you would have an SRT4 ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts