Dodge SRT Forum banner

WTB: Quafie Differential

877 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RTShadow 
#1 ·
Looking to get a quafie diff

#2 ·
It's a Quaife LSD, and your best bet may be to purchase a non-working SRT-4 T850 transmission, because the LSD is rarely an issue with the transmission. Working T850's are becoming more and more rare, as this was the only car that the T850 New Venture Gear transmission was ever used on. Compare that to our engine for instance, the 2.4L turbo engine was used on both the Neon and the PT Cruiser, and unfortunately the engine is a lot more stout than the transmission ever was, wish it were the other way around, considering the proliferation of 2.4 turbo engines that can be found by comparison.

Most of the problems involve the input shaft, carbon pieces, or roller bearings, and the quaife LSD itself would still be good on a broken transmission, provided pieces of the broken transmission itself didn't get into the LSD and damage it.

I did find this:

Quaife ATB Limited Slip Differential (Dodge Neon SRT4: T850 trans)

I don't know how reliable this website is, or what you are willing to spend, if it were me I'd just try and find a transmission with OTHER issues and buy it for under 500 bucks. I have one but I'm not selling my broken transmission, not after just paying 2600 dollars for a built one, just in case LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.