Dodge SRT Forum banner

WTB kicker livin’ loud speakers

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lilviper 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i’m looking for a full set of factory kicker speakers, both 6.5s, both 6x9s, and both 3.5 tweeters. Thanks!

#2 ·
I would strongly recommend a different route. The "Livin' Loud" setup was decent, but you are talking about speakers that are now 15-18 years old. Not only are speaker cones more susceptible to tearing or separating as they get older, the technology has gotten better.

My 2014 Ram has the base sound system, and it sounds far and away better than my Livin' Loud setup in my 2005 SRT-4. Even has more bass, and I don't believe it even has a subwoofer anywhere (the livin' loud factory setup has a sub in the trunk, it just wasn't all that great).

To put it into further perspective, about 3 years ago I replaced all of the factory speakers in a 2001 Neon with some middle of the road Sony speakers from Walmart, probably spent 250 dollars or so on all the speakers. That car sounds better than my SRT-4 ever did with the livin' loud setup.

I can understand wanting to put everything back to 'factory', but no one but you would know what is behind the panels, unless you were entering the car into a competition with a very thorough inspection. I've has my car in a lot of car shows, they have never really looked at the speakers, they are more into what is under the hood, is the radio itself factory, is there rust underneath, etc.

Kicker still manufacturers speakers themselves, I find them to be a little pricey but that would keep you factory, sort of anyway, if you just put their same-size components in.

Kicker Website

Crutchfield also carries Kicker components, along with a TON of other stuff. If nothing else it's a great place to research what you'd need to upgrade a vehicle.

#3 ·
I would strongly recommend a different route. The "Livin' Loud" setup was decent, but you are talking about speakers that are now 15-18 years old. Not only are speaker cones more susceptible to tearing or separating as they get older, the technology has gotten better.

My 2014 Ram has the base sound system, and it sounds far and away better than my Livin' Loud setup in my 2005 SRT-4. Even has more bass, and I don't believe it even has a subwoofer anywhere (the livin' loud factory setup has a sub in the trunk, it just wasn't all that great).

To put it into further perspective, about 3 years ago I replaced all of the factory speakers in a 2001 Neon with some middle of the road Sony speakers from Walmart, probably spent 250 dollars or so on all the speakers. That car sounds better than my SRT-4 ever did with the livin' loud setup.

I can understand wanting to put everything back to 'factory', but no one but you would know what is behind the panels, unless you were entering the car into a competition with a very thorough inspection. I've has my car in a lot of car shows, they have never really looked at the speakers, they are more into what is under the hood, is the radio itself factory, is there rust underneath, etc.

Kicker still manufacturers speakers themselves, I find them to be a little pricey but that would keep you factory, sort of anyway, if you just put their same-size components in.

Kicker Website

Crutchfield also carries Kicker components, along with a TON of other stuff. If nothing else it's a great place to research what you'd need to upgrade a vehicle.
I appreciate the timely input!! I just absorbed your whole take on it and went on crutch field and ordered all my speakers, haha. Spent $280 all in all. Thanks man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.