Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people keep saying the interior of the Rex is better than the SRT? It looks and feels like sh*t. I test drove both cars and the Rex has nasty seats, crappy gauges and the gizmos it does have are for nerds. Even the boost gauge (an option) is placed on the steering column. I don't know what all the hype is about. I'm not going to even get into the engine....it sounds like a law mower. :roll:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
yup but he does have a point the only WRX that will EVER rival the SRT4 interior will be the STi but then again when you pay $10k more it should , shouldnt it? :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yeah guys the SRT has the better interior because it has a boost gauge! Seriously though I hate Neon interiors and thats what the SRT has, a Neon interior. It looks like it was designed by a retarded 4 year old. Personally I think the WRX's interior doesn't look nearly as cheap as the SRT's. In all honestly there's really very little difference, they're both hot rodded econo buckets and the interiors show it. The 2004 WRX has a much better interior than the 2003. Leather, a new seat design, and a moonroof are now options.

-faast

·
Corgi-ish
6,148 Posts
Slow5OH said:
..Leather, a new seat design, and a moonroof are now options.

-faast
To make it slower than it already is...oh I understand. Dodge did that because they knew that we would mess with the interior anyways. This car is made for upgrades, no cadillac interior here.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
@phenom3"]
Slow5OH said:
..Leather, a new seat design, and a moonroof are now options.

-faast
To make it slower than it already is...oh I understand. Dodge did that because they knew that we would mess with the interior anyways. This car is made for upgrades, no cadillac interior here.[/quote]

Yeah that makes sense Dodge gave the SRT a shitty interior because it's sUpA faaaaaaaassssst yo'! :roll: What does having leather or a new seat design have to do with making the car slower? BTW: the 2004 has the STi's front seats sans the two tone fabric. So what exactly are you going to do to your interior? Big bright colored seat belt covers? Paint the trim pieces bright obnoxious colors? Gauge faces with flames on them? Hahaha... Yeah right I'd rather have a higher quality Subaru interior than a cheap Neon interior that I can rice out and not feel bad about.

-faast

EDIT: Grammatical retardedness

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
neonphenom3 said:
Leather and moonroofs make any car heavy. Trust me! In fact, that was the official reason dodge did not but a sun/moonroof on the SRT-4.
Moonroofs ok, but that's an option, they're not forcing it on you. I don't think there's going to be a significant weight gain from leather seats. Not enough to affect performance anyway.

-faast

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good...I hope they are making improvements to the WRX's interior in 04', but it's still not my cup of tea. The SRT's interior is simple and ready for customizing......perfect for me. :twisted:

·
Registered
295 Posts
THIS IS ONLY FOR REX OWNERS LURKING HERE SRT OWNERS I SORRY!

okay, aside from the MOMO steering wheel the actual material of the dash and its components Pahlleezze!!!! the wrx interior is not cosmically better. Shiftinh sucks gearing sucks (after driving an srt-4 go drive the rex you will have a surprise message from your brain to your mouth telling you, "damn, the rex feels so slow!") after that,

okay please END this crap or atleast get the facts straight, it seems that because of your extensive knowledge of the english language the only stupid redundant points all the wrx owners can say is

"it sucks its still a neon its shit its a turd on wheels......."

OKAY, because you are so biased because you don't know any better, you only judge cars by photos or misguided informatation no wonder you think your subes are considered your godly idols. When any of you step inside the srt-4 then please feel free 2 write a clear and concise review of the car, until then please shutup!!

I have driven your "superior" wrx and guess what it is not better. There has never been one documented piece of indisputable evidence that your car is better, what are your sources, you started the damn arguments so please answer them.......

anyone can be a nice person turned into a mean asshole in heartbeat because of people like U
1. your seats are 3rd rate like that found out of a 72 mavrick
2. very UNDERpowered no torque
3. too heavy(yes I know its AWD but you bought it so live with it)
4. any other mod that you add you only add to your gross fat-piggy weighted car
5. your MOMO steering wheel is cool I like it, your horn has a better tone, your stereo sucks, speakers suck (i am am accomplished musician, trust me they do!)
6. crappy rims, crappy tires crappy brakes ( i really mean mediocre but you got me going, sorry!
7. your front fascia stying looks very unappealing, very understyled, and cute-sy, girly, very feminine cheesy wannabe fender flares (its funny because you all say your car looks better, just be honest
8. power to weight ratio SUX, handling is very good but not great as you call it
9. I was being very fair. I am not a dodge lover or rex lover, but I said it before I love quality buit cars, the srt-4 is just that as is the wrx i'll post an honest view of the srt-4

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i just saw a pic of the 2004 rex .. and the now have the sam exact seet design as us !!
the only diff. is thte materials are reversed .. the leather part in our seat is where the cloth part is in or seat and vice versa ( did that make sense ??)
also they now have the same nickel surrounded gauges and bezels..
damn just when you had somethings better :(
oh wait ... 250 pounds of torque :twisted:

·
Registered
295 Posts
NOW THE Srt-4

1. our seats are top grade! the same viper design without the harness openings.. meaning they are better
2. very OVER powered big problem easy remedy lower the car or lsd, soon to be avail..
3. lighter than your car but stock for stock the srt-4 pounds on the wrx. numbers don't lie but driver against driver is the real race..
4. our mods from mopar will be factory backed and sure they add weight but as we add weight we will benefit MORE so than you because tit for tat you lose
5. srt-4 steering wheel sux! true but I will be putting the viper srt-10 in !
6. better rims 17 inch better tires michelin pilots way better brakes than your car!!
7. our srt-4 looks mean as it drives mean way better design your scoop is NOT functional almost as is ours but hood mod and we totally have the advantage
8. excellent power to weight ratio nuff said 223/250 Vs 180/170 =wheel power ratings BTW your car has major turbo lag!!! srt-4 missing in action..
9. being very fair sure your taiwan interior texture is that of a better quality than our taiwan plastic (BTW your car has a plastic interior too I will admit ithat but get over it the sub 20,000 car walks over your car, one more aspect I forgot my bro just mentioned to me
10. HANDLING the wrx is better! yes better BUT only better because of that 900 pound AWD unit.... that being said your car does not handle better it only takes turns faster thats ALLL there is more to handling than that okay, so there you go now go purchase the STi and with not even 2,000 I will take your STi and hand it too you!! let me know when you get your sti (al subaru owners)

now please lets end the madness. Sure everyone is entitled to their opinions and no one has ever asked anyone from the wrx forums to leave our forum because when I went to the i'club forums ALL I got was envy and BS, only one cool bro and he was from cali but c'mon guys I'm sorry I am sure you are sorry but please your car is better because you think it is. So do I about my srt-4 lets leave it at that.

·
Registered
295 Posts
THe 2004 rex ( i have to admit) looks badass!!!!!!!
the previous rexes and 2.5's are the ones I was talking about but damn!!! the new rx is refined but all those NEW amenities add major weight how much?? moonroof, exterior heated mirrors, heated seats, 6 disc changer, the seats look nice but the bolster positions are different and the gauges are a major improvement too!! still same power output but the front looks MEAN!!!!

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Slow5OH said:
Yeah guys the SRT has the better interior because it has a boost gauge! Seriously though I hate Neon interiors and thats what the SRT has, a Neon interior. It looks like it was designed by a retarded 4 year old. Personally I think the WRX's interior doesn't look nearly as cheap as the SRT's. In all honestly there's really very little difference, they're both hot rodded econo buckets and the interiors show it. The 2004 WRX has a much better interior than the 2003. Leather, a new seat design, and a moonroof are now options.

-faast
First, leather seats are the pits with warmer climate. To hard on the owner to take care of material and not kid proof. I know, I have them in my truck and never again will opt for those over cloth. So discount the leather seat and stick with cloth. Good choice for SRT-4. Smart on PVO for a wise selection.

Second, the interior is clean and uncluttered. How many cars and trucks have you own over the last twenty years? I guess you are expert when it comes to automotive designing exterior and interior. I have taken two years of automotive designing and if I had to compare over the last twenty years of vehicles own, this is one of a better design cabin design for creature comforts.

Your remark that is looked like a four-year designed this car, well my friend, check out the front facial on the Sti model. Who did the exterior work on this car? Some two-year with a crayon? Man, I thought the cross-eyed look was weird, checkout the Sti version.

Third, it looks like you never owned real torque monster car. I would not opt for a moonroof on any high-performance car? Haven't see what happens to the body with LS1, Cobras, and others with that level of performance? I guess not. Someone at Subu again, not thinking. Now you know why Pvo did not add this to there list. It is call ‘LEAKING MOONROOF’.

Again, if the Sti were selling for 20K, I may consider in test-driving the vehicle. Selling over 30K per car, not including the hyped dealer adds on, and playing in the same arena with other vehicles with a greater performance…not worth the money

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
thispainisours said:
i just saw a pic of the 2004 rex .. and the now have the sam exact seet design as us !!
the only diff. is thte materials are reversed .. the leather part in our seat is where the cloth part is in or seat and vice versa ( did that make sense ??)
also they now have the same nickel surrounded gauges and bezels..
damn just when you had somethings better :(
oh wait ... 250 pounds of torque :twisted:
As with racing seats, with the owner entering and exiting the vehicle will require either vinyl or leather on all the boosters or facial boosters if using high-strewn cloth material. This is common for racing seats with no leather in the middle but added over the booster areas.

I know, the Swift GT came with the Recarro factory seats and it was all cloth.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Both cars have economy-class interiors. Both companies did pretty well within the budgets that they were given. Neither will compare to Audi/BMW level interior in either fit and finish or material. I personally think the "interior" debate is the most inane conversation a group of performance enthusiasts can have :roll: If you want a car for its interior, both the WRX and the SRT-4 will dissapoint.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
phxwrx said:
Both cars have economy-class interiors. Both companies did pretty well within the budgets that they were given. Neither will compare to Audi/BMW level interior in either fit and finish or material. I personally think the "interior" debate is the most inane conversation a group of performance enthusiasts can have :roll: If you want a car for its interior, both the WRX and the SRT-4 will dissapoint.
cant argue with that :wink:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Actually this is kinda funny. When I test drove the WRX (twice) not once did I look an the interior other than the guages (nothing else stood out). When I went and looked at the SRT-4 I stood outside starring at the interior for about 5 minutes.

I have a friend that works at Subaru/Acura he is the Service Manager I asked his advice on what upgrades I should get he said "Naw man you dont want a subura those things are shit" he went on to tell me why I should get the more reliable Acura. I have honestly spent hours upon hours looking at the WRX (before the SRT-4) and the interior NEVER caught my eye. That is really saying something, no matter what car you buy you always look at the interior.

I usually buy cars for stats, numbers, and heritage (74 plymouth Duster baby) but I really like the interior of the SRT-4 it is sporty and Simple. As mentioned before my grandmother has a 2000 Neon which I have been in and the Interior is not the same.

I have been trying to see it from your point of view but my head just wont fit in my ass.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
nice one chubz! someone kick this troll out of here!

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
chubz said:
Actually this is kinda funny. When I test drove the WRX (twice) not once did I look an the interior other than the guages (nothing else stood out). When I went and looked at the SRT-4 I stood outside starring at the interior for about 5 minutes.

I have a friend that works at Subaru/Acura he is the Service Manager I asked his advice on what upgrades I should get he said "Naw man you dont want a subura those things are shit" he went on to tell me why I should get the more reliable Acura. I have honestly spent hours upon hours looking at the WRX (before the SRT-4) and the interior NEVER caught my eye. That is really saying something, no matter what car you buy you always look at the interior.

I usually buy cars for stats, numbers, and heritage (74 plymouth Duster baby) but I really like the interior of the SRT-4 it is sporty and Simple. As mentioned before my grandmother has a 2000 Neon which I have been in and the Interior is not the same.

I have been trying to see it from your point of view but my head just wont fit in my ass.
This is a common question when asked about what vehicle to purchase based on commuting only: Honda Civic or Acura...reliable and carefree for a daily commuter car.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts