Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,851 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
meddle said:
I dont know anything about that car but it says 4WD. I always thought there was a difference in 4WD and AWD.

Yes, I know there are 4 wheels on a car so dont bother smartasses! I just thought there was a difference in the way they operated.
Not really, it's mostly just symantics with 4WD being used for trucks and AWD for car. Some people will say AWD is full time and 4WD is part time. Which is not always true, some people will say 4WDs have transfer cases. Regardless, Subaru had a full time 4WD one range drivetrain at that time which most people would consider AWD. I just snagged the first one I saw on ebay. Also the first car Subaru labeled AWD turbo (IIRC) was a '91 in the US.

JC
Werd.....Uhh yeah the WRX wasn't the first Subaru with AWD/4WD nor was it the first turboed Subaru with AWD/4WD. Hell my dad had an 1987 GL with 4WD, granted it wasn't a turbo but I think you get the point.

-faast

· Registered
2,851 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
Slow5OH said:
my dad had an 1987 GL with 4WD, granted it wasn't a turbo but I think you get the point.

faast
Really? My mom had an '87 GL 4WD. Crazy.

JC
I think I kind of lied, my parents both had 1987 Loyales. One was a 4WD slushbox sedan, I think it was a GL. My dad had a 4WD wagon with a stick but I think it was a DL. I don't remember exactly because I was only 4 at the time. :)

-faast

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.