Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out the bashing they give this guy with a wrx for making a "it's just a neon" comment ...

http://www.racingflix.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=12&TopicID=2223&PagePosition=2

LOL!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another one...
http://www.racingflix.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=12&TopicID=2175&PagePosition=2

·
Registered
864 Posts
Also.. i didn't see any WRXs roaming the world in the late 80's when the first AWD Turbo Eclipses were released....
I feel the need to point out that Subaru had AWD turbo cars before this.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ok, Ok, Stock for Stock, will an SRT beat the WRX??? Is it true all this shit those guys are sayin about the factory options to have the car go above 300 hp?, and still be under warranty? I didnt think the Mopar options would be available till much later? or whatever......

·
Registered
864 Posts
hemidakota said:
AWD OWNZ U said:
Also.. i didn't see any WRXs roaming the world in the late 80's when the first AWD Turbo Eclipses were released....
I feel the need to point out that Subaru had AWD turbo cars before this.
He was referrring to NA not in Japan.
So am I.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408743742&category=6467

JC

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I dont know anything about that car but it says 4WD. I always thought there was a difference in 4WD and AWD.

Yes, I know there are 4 wheels on a car so dont bother smartasses! I just thought there was a difference in the way they operated.

·
Registered
864 Posts
meddle said:
I dont know anything about that car but it says 4WD. I always thought there was a difference in 4WD and AWD.

Yes, I know there are 4 wheels on a car so dont bother smartasses! I just thought there was a difference in the way they operated.
Not really, it's mostly just symantics with 4WD being used for trucks and AWD for car. Some people will say AWD is full time and 4WD is part time. Which is not always true, some people will say 4WDs have transfer cases. Regardless, Subaru had a full time 4WD one range drivetrain at that time which most people would consider AWD. I just snagged the first one I saw on ebay. Also the first car Subaru labeled AWD turbo (IIRC) was a '91 in the US.

JC

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
PimpnPaul99 said:
Ok, Ok, Stock for Stock, will an SRT beat the WRX??? Is it true all this shit those guys are sayin about the factory options to have the car go above 300 hp?, and still be under warranty? I didnt think the Mopar options would be available till much later? or whatever......
It was in the latest MOPAR Mag when they parts will be available.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
meddle said:

Not really, it's mostly just symantics with 4WD being used for trucks and AWD for car. Some people will say AWD is full time and 4WD is part time. Which is not always true, some people will say 4WDs have transfer cases. Regardless, Subaru had a full time 4WD one range drivetrain at that time which most people would consider AWD. I just snagged the first one I saw on ebay. Also the first car Subaru labeled AWD turbo (IIRC) was a '91 in the US.

JC
Werd.....Uhh yeah the WRX wasn't the first Subaru with AWD/4WD nor was it the first turboed Subaru with AWD/4WD. Hell my dad had an 1987 GL with 4WD, granted it wasn't a turbo but I think you get the point.

-faast

·
Registered
864 Posts
Slow5OH said:
my dad had an 1987 GL with 4WD, granted it wasn't a turbo but I think you get the point.

faast
Really? My mom had an '87 GL 4WD. Crazy.

JC

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
Slow5OH said:
my dad had an 1987 GL with 4WD, granted it wasn't a turbo but I think you get the point.

faast
Really? My mom had an '87 GL 4WD. Crazy.

JC
I think I kind of lied, my parents both had 1987 Loyales. One was a 4WD slushbox sedan, I think it was a GL. My dad had a 4WD wagon with a stick but I think it was a DL. I don't remember exactly because I was only 4 at the time. :)

-faast

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry but the first 4WD vehicle was designed by, believe it or not, Ferdinand Porsche. I read about this a couple times last year. read about it here...
http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/who.html

so screw the 80's...try 1900 :D

cya!

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
NJ StreetRacing said:
sorry but the first 4WD vehicle was designed by, believe it or not, Ferdinand Porsche. I read about this a couple times last year. read about it here...
http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/who.html

so screw the 80's...try 1900 :D

cya!
Are we still talking about the first AWD turbo from Subu in America or who was the inventer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts