Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I came up on a WRX at a light the other night...
It had some lould exhaust on it, and that's all I could gather as I was pulling up...
I gave a little rev & he responded with a rev & PSSHHHTTTT from under the hood...
as the light went green he was already half way accrost the intersection & into the next gear... between 1st & 2nd a fire ball belched out his tail pipe.
After I cought traction I couldn't do any better than two car leingths behind him.
I feel so cheep & used...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey TeenageMutantNinja since your a genius on car specifications, per your flaming ass about Mustangs, what year is the Neon you "own".
Yeah thats what I thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jmsamr said:
Hey TeenageMutantNinja since your a genius on car specifications, per your flaming ass about Mustangs, what year is the Neon you "own".
Handing out Smart-ass pills are we? Two please!

·
Registered
43 Posts
jmsamr said:
They found out I don't really drive a Neon!! Shiesse!!! These SRT drivers are a lot smarter than I ever thought. It only took them like 4 hours before someone realized that. Dumbshits.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Dont be too proud of yourself there cool guy. With the exception of one obvious embarrassment, I think that everyone that read your posts saw the lame ass attempt to insult a group of people discussing their cars.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
all's i have to say is :lol:
this forum is a riot :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good thing you did your homework....

I did look into the reliability of neons in general before I considered the Srt. They do have a bad reputation but apparently thats left over from shitty quality on the earlier models.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=3671

The 2001 Neon was ranked #55 out of 194. The WRX (the only other real option for a cheap fast car) was ranked #185.

Your logic baffles me... Going by the IQS a Neon is a better car then the Mercedes SLK, also.

Power’s IQS has been controversial, and, it should be noted, the survey captures only the results of what car buyers experience during their first 90 days of ownership

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The '01 Neon is not the same as the '03 SRT. No previous model Neon is the same, yet people bash the car saying it will fall apart.

The point of comparing the '01 Impreza is a valid one being that it points to problems with the manufacturer. They simply had more defects from the manufacturer discovered in the first 90 days than almost any other company.

"What’s up with Subaru? This tough, durable, flinty lineup of cars scores quite badly in the old quality department. Impreza ranked 185th out of 194 models. Forester is not much better. How can cars so tough, competent and solid score so poorly in this department? Didn’t the people at Fuji Heavy go to the same school as the blokes at Toyota and Honda?"

So, I think its ridiculous for a Subaru owner to bash the reliabilty of a Dodge.

·
Registered
60 Posts
who writes these reviews anyways? i've been beating on my '02 impreza for 60,000 miles now, and 40,000 of that was on nitrous, and my car isnt falling apart. its EASILY as durable and reliable as my old honda civic that was also much slower and more easily driven. honsetly based on my experience with mine and friends hondas, i think they're the ones who need to do some learning from subaru. subaru is most definately as reliable, but does it in a faster and better handling package that costs the same.

wasn't subaru ranked like number 2 in reliability by consumer reports in '02? something like that. i don't remember exactly, i don't keep up with crap like that. i KNOW my car is reliable.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I never listen to thoes consumer reports, bunch of inaccruate numbers if you ask me. In my bible, the amount of time you put into taking care of your car and treating it properly will determine how reliable it is. :wink: --- *WWW* (Wise Words of Wisdom)
If you don't believe me ask my 200k mile 95 Neon :lol:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thispainisours: Come to western MA and I'll race you. Heck.. I know a few guys with WRX's that'll give you a run. :) Have to find a nice patch of pavement with no traffic though.

Spitterguy: What's so weird about a wrx throwing a fireball? Happens with de-catted exhausts on cars that run rich while shifting.. especially with bov's. Ever watch the WRC?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
lenyx said:
Thispainisours: Come to western MA and I'll race you. Heck.. I know a few guys with WRX's that'll give you a run. :) Have to find a nice patch of pavement with no traffic though.

Spitterguy: What's so weird about a wrx throwing a fireball? Happens with de-catted exhausts on cars that run rich while shifting.. especially with bov's. Ever watch the WRC?
yeah find a patch of straight ground..
or i can wait til the snow is gone .. so i dont get owned because im wearin michelin pilot sports :(

maybe when the raods are cleared up again, i'll take you up on that offer..
the day that wrx was around they just swept the roads.. its snowed 3 times since, yes i will get owned by awd , with pilot sports !!!!
keep in touch tho .. i'd love to get together sometime soon :twisted:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts