Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW! Hey guys! I have been lurking here for what seems like forever now :p. I have been waiting and waiting and I finally got my Black SRT-4 in Sacramento California! I just wanted to finally introduce myself and thank everyone for sharing so much information. You guys really helped me in my descision and man am I ever glad I made it. I have had it for two days now and have been trying SO hard to break it in properly but let me say its ****HARD**** and I already have 300 miles on it. I hope to post more often here now that I own a SRT-4.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
congratulations - just try to rev it only to 4k for a while - no major hard launches. You'll be happy you did. I have driven my SRT juat about everywhere - only had mine for 3 weeks, and I just passed 1400miles. Be sure to let us know how you smoke the competition at those red-lights!! :)

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
IPaidForThisName said:
WOW! Hey guys! I have been lurking here for what seems like forever now :p. I have been waiting and waiting and I finally got my Black SRT-4 in Sacramento California! I just wanted to finally introduce myself and thank everyone for sharing so much information. You guys really helped me in my descision and man am I ever glad I made it. I have had it for two days now and have been trying SO hard to break it in properly but let me say its ****HARD**** and I already have 300 miles on it. I hope to post more often here now that I own a SRT-4.
Yes. It is hard not to mesh the pedal and when folks want to tailgate you due too jealously.

However, several times throughout the car’s break-in period, I just could not resist the temptation of revving high and spilling out.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I got it for MSRP.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hemidakota said:
Yes. It is hard not to mesh the pedal and when folks want to tailgate you due to noting but jealously.

However, several times throughout the car’s break-in period, I just could not resist the temptation of revving high and spilling out.

Yeah ive revved it high just once or twice and omg it definatly an orgasmic experience. :shock: :twisted:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Conrgats dude! I'm stoked to hear more N Cali. guys posting on the board. You going to take it to the strip up there?

I have a friend in Sac., he doesn't know I have the car yet, but he's into drag racing too. I'm going to roll up to his house one of these weekends and surprise him...

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Good choice in a car man :D The dealership i went to wanted to charg me $2000 over the msrp and i toled them to F*ck themselves and walked out...then what happens the next day??? they call back and give it to me for msrp and complained to Dodge and i am getting a bunch of free stuff cause of the way they treated my dad and I. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Congrats hopefully next week i will have mine so i can be a proud member of the SRT Owner Club....But anyways i bet it will be hard not to push the car with all the rice in my town wanting a piece....How easy it would be hell i probably wouldnt have to push past 4k rpms to beat most of them......Laterz
Joe

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Freeway Flasher said:
Congrats hopefully next week i will have mine so i can be a proud member of the SRT Owner Club....But anyways i bet it will be hard not to push the car with all the rice in my town wanting a piece....How easy it would be hell i probably wouldnt have to push past 4k rpms to beat most of them......Laterz
Joe
That fact alone has saved me during the break in :p; This thing has monster torque at 3-4k RPM. Mash the pedal down at 3k rpm and its still better than sex :shock: !!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey everyone I thought I would post a couple of pics of my SRT-4. Note: I switched isp's and these might turn into red x's soon. They are awesome while they last though!

Sorry guys, I am a horrible photographer so these pictures look horrible. But I am sure everyone gets the idea. .

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I of course had to spend hours getting it as shiny as it is in 889. 8). lol

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
very nice - Makes me want to go wax mine right now - It doesn't stay clean for long w/1400 miles on it already. I love to drive it!!!

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
I wash my car about every week and i wax it almost every other...i'm a bit anal with my car. hehe. Also already changed the oil 2 times already with only like 2200 miles on it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
15 Participants
quiksilver723
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing