Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight we were out and about early, Grunge picked me up at 8pm so we could go install his mounts. With a cam inhand we filmed the process as i did the work with limited tools as my friend's garage was locked since he went to go pick up his new toy, *yawn* 1st gen GST. Anyhow after we were all finished we went for a spin and Grunge immediately noticed a difference from stock to the two passeger side Deyeme Racing mounts. We returned to the shop to kill time and clean up but were ready for what was to come.

At 1130 as expected Terminator gave me a buzz so Grunge and i were off to meet up with him. Terminator was not a happy camper as someone keyed his hood, apparently he knows who. On we went as i kept in close contact with another one of our local guys, AcrSRT4 (??) with a yellow SRT4 who we later met up with. He was joined by a nice yellow ITR and a sweet charcoal New M3. While we were again BSing killing time i was poking around under Terminator's hood to find that two bolts to the top mount (on engine portion) were loose the point where i could twist them with my fingers. The M3 guy was cool and we went over to his car and grabed some german tools to temp fix Terminator's car. Fixed him up and we were ready for the night.

On the way across to St Pete, Terminator raced the ITR and easly defeated it but at the same time i was on the phone with my friend Dom. He was telling me about 2 silver and 1 red SRT4s that he was with. By now if you are keeping track there are 2 yellow SRT4s, 1 black SRT4, 1 charcoal New M3 and a yellow ITR. We quickly came onto open roads where Terminator could play with the ITR but instead found himself against the mighty M3. It was a good race but we all know the 333hp car won by a car. We came up on some traffic so we eased off the short bursts of fun and decided to drive more civilized until we reached our destination.

We arrive to find cops splitting everyone up so we quickly had to make a u turn to follow the races back to Tampa where we just came from. As we were making our way onto the bridge a group of ricer pulled up and were doing the crappiest and scariest driving EVAR!. A few races happened but i was too busy making sure the pack didnt break up. Terminator followed but AcrSRT4 and his buds lost us. We continued on towards Ybor but were quickly dispatched by TPD so we headed to downtown. There we were also expected to we continued across downtown and caught the highway again. In the process we gained Second Chance but lost Terminator and AcrSRT4. Many calls later we were all together again.

It was an odd sight to see 2 black and 2 yellow SRT4s side by side in pairs. See Grunge's car is stock as is AcrSRT4 but Terminator and Second Chance are not quite stock. Aside from 4 SRT4s we were joined by a white ITR and another new M3. So the crew grew to 2 ITRs, 4 SRT4s and 2 new M3s...BADASS! Again TPD came up fast and we all made like trees and leafed. In the process we lost AcrSRT4 and Terminator again so i had to make many phone calls but we set a meet up spot. Grunge and i rolled up to find the M3, the 2 ITRs and AcrSRT4 there. When Terminator rolled up he brought with last weekend's deadly blown Corrado VR6 with who had a 2.0 Golf tagging along. Back across town we all went to spot we all hate but seem to get stuck with. That didnt quite work out, didnt even spend 10 minutes there and busted!

On the way to regroup Terminator made a quick exit as he had to be in to work at 10am and he was tired of all the BS. But Grunge, Second Chance, AcrSRT4 and i were stiull down for more. Then i got a call from AcrSRT4 saying him and his pack was going home despite the short outing. Grunge, Second Chance and i regrouped only to get pushed out by TPd yet again.
This time the Golf, Corrado and 2 SRT4s we all met up and decided to break away from the ricers. We headed out to Gandy to see what we could find but nuthing.

When we crossed the bridge we quickly pulled off where the F body guys were BSing and after a few minutes we decided it was way too boring. I quickly asked if the VR6 would pop his hood and while we were awing at the blower a Civic hatch rolls up. EG stile with some newer Integra LS wheels on it asking for the drivers of the SRT4s. I was too busy but Grunge quickly summoned Second Chance to take the challenge and i of course egged him on. I decided to make it fair so i hopped in Second Chance's car since afterall the other guy had his girl with. At any rate we rolled up to a dead stop for a launch and the Civic took the jump by a 1-1.5 cars yet Second Chance rolled past him, missed a gear and still put 5-7 cars on it. But wait whats this? the Corrado was pacing us and after the Civic go ate up he rolls right up.

Second Chance decides to take the blown Corrado from a dig, at the Corrado's signal from a dead stop we were off. Second Chance quickly pulled 1/2-3/4 car on the Corrado from 1-3rd gears (SRT4) but when the Corrado caught 3rd he reeled us in and slowly pulled away. Second Chance missed 5th so the race looked worse than it actually was, BTW the boost controller in the SRT was set to 17 but only achieved 14.9 max. Dunno what happened there but we all met back up and like a true good sport the Civic owner pulled in aswell. We had a brief chat, he shook hands with Second Chance and was pretty much now convinced that the "Neon" was fast. See he claimed to have raced another SRT and it too beat him so i guess he just needed the 2 time around to verify things.

We all were ready to go home so we all shook hands, thanked each other and hoped to meet up again next weekend. Grunge and i during the whole process were pretty amazed by the blow VR6 Corrado. We just couldnt get over the car, we both have mad respect for it and to clear up any misconceptions Terminator and i never talked crap about the blow Corrado. On the other hand we were praising it and giving its dues despite its obviously bad tranny. Everyone will be happy to know in this closing line that if you dont believe me about what you just read, just keep in mind i had Grunge's camcorder in my hand the whole night :roll: :twisted: L8r

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Grunge dont forget to edit and get it up ASAP please :twisted:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
hey acr, grunge and terminator! you guys in florida seem to have all the fun. been following your posts for a while, while i'm waiting until end of may to get my srt (damn western mass dealers!) i spend a lot of time in bradenton over the summer. besides the bridge, whats the best area to jam in?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
So tell us about the rapings received by the strawberry skittle, or are they lying over there?

Theres 2 or 3 killings on that guy...u know who?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Didn't see a red SRT 4 the whole time we were out there. Who knows who the phantom driver in the tux with his gf was. The Corrado driver said he saw a red one beat a corvette earlier in the night and that the driver was older and maybe losing some hair. I'm not sure of anyone in this area who's modded that much. That one post is funny where the guy used nitrous to beat the Skittle. Isn't that a little overkill? To each his own. I just know there were some crazy ass drivers out last night.

I'm working on the video, but I have other stuff I have to get done. Hopefully, I'll have it hosted somewhere by late tonight. When I'm done, the main video will be divided up into a few smaller ones.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cali we heard alot about this red SRT4 but rest assured i didnt know who it was. I have already warned Terminator and Second Chance about how the TR guys operate so it wasnt any of them. We had fun...CJ pm me and i'll fill you in but otherwise Grunge please please keep the Corrado/Civic race all intact.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
acr2nv said:
Cali we heard alot about this red SRT4 but rest assured i didnt know who it was.
Definatetly NOT me!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know you are smarter than pulling up to heavily modded LS1s i know it wasnt you and i know it wasnt Warren so im happy to have settled that.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
RUgoinup said:
acr2nv said:
Cali we heard alot about this red SRT4 but rest assured i didnt know who it was.
Definatetly NOT me!
Well I knew it wasnt you or the old man either :)
Cuz I am sure they would have mentioned the de-decaled car :)

Are any of you guys gonna go to the track day?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Second Chance said:
I would like to but I don't think i can get off on sunday. A thursday I would like to go since it is test and tune day and I have them days off.
Ill tell u this...may 4th would be the best time. It will be limited to no more than 80 racers, giving you quite a bit of runs. I will be definitely going, hopefully decked out in DR's :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
cali said:
Are any of you guys gonna go to the track day?
I'm considering it if I can re-work some things.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
some of the night :roll: :wink:

http://import.h8rs.com/SRTvsCivic.wmv

missed shifts on both and thats 9psi on a blower in the black car :wink:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
met a whole bunch of honda drivers at the drag tonight. that and friday night. those guys arent so bad. everyone was very impressed with the silver srt-4 and it hasnt gotten a lot of GOOD attention the past few days.

i've been really impressed with the import drivers i've met in my area :) i hope to keep the good streak up, looks like you met some cool customers as well, love the stories! :)

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Here is a video of Terminator's yellow SRT 4. It has some good engine sounds in it. Check it out...

http://import.h8rs.com/terminator.wmv

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Nice work Grunge/Acr/Second Chance/Term (for hot roddin 4 the vid)! :lol:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
that is some goooooood stuff!!!! :wink: :D :twisted: you guys are making me jealous. :p i still gotta sell my 2000 es before i can buy one. :cry: i cant wait till school is over so i can begin the process. 8) anyone wanna buy a car :?: :?: :?:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RUgoinup said:
Nice work Grunge/Acr/Term! :lol:
correct yourself it was Grunge, Second Chance and I

another vid too :wink:

http://import.h8rs.com/terminator.wmv

thats his car

·
Registered
0 Posts
Good runs man

To the guy I ran on the bridge..... I was on fourth gear and not even on 6k where my vtec starts. Honestly though a win is a win but it would have been better with me up in my rev range. Top end though it seems that you didn't pull on me at all but then again it was trafficky so that can also determine the driving style of the person.

As for the M3 only ahead a car length.... My brother was also not in the right gear when he dropped it on you and plus sports mode on the m3 was not on therefore the full potential of that car was never unleashed on you when you guys made that run.

Great cars man. One thing I wished that Dodge would have done to the car out of the factory was at least drop it a little lower than its current ride height and adam knows how I'm not too fond of how high it is.

Over all it was a great night and my friend in the white itr wanted to have some fun with you guys but never had the chance.

Rematch? :-D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
13 Participants
Billy
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing