Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is Saturday night 11pm and we are all getting ready for the weekly usual...street racing. We started out at my friend's shop where we were re assembling the Turbo Minivan for some street action. My friend Dom then shows up in his 98 Neon coupe with his freshly installed NX kit :twisted: . He was having tunning issues so after a few trial runs and tips from a Supra owner (who is juicing himself :roll: :wink: ) the Neon was running 75 shot on a stock bottom :roll: :shock: .

After that Dom and i decided to go meet up with Terminator then head back to the shop. We arrive at the shop and after waiting impatiently for an hour or so Dom wanted to go so he left. We followed shortly there after me riding shotgun in Terminator's SRT4. In the process we got a call from Second Chance who was not too far away from us in his SRT4. Second Chance and Terminator wanted to race but when we met up the spot wasnt ideal so we shelved those plans fast. We head out to meet up with the ricers and end up nearly pulled over on our way to Gandy beach.

We arrive at Gandy and as we are pulling up Pinellas Sheriff cleared everyone out so for the bridge we go. Uneventfully we rolled across the bridge at a steady 60 to realize the FHP had a trap awaiting everyone on the Tampa side. As we approached our first spot in Tampa the police were already waiting for us, so Downtown here we come. On the way through beautiful Tampa we roll up next to a Civic SlowImport who thought he could hang. He gets walked on by aircraft carrier lengths as Terminator is just laughing his ass off. The twisties came fast and man you have never felt anything as scary as Bayshore BLVD near downtown Tampa at 60-70mph in any car. We of course rolled through at a steady 45 due to the nice size canyons between each concrete slab.

We arrive at our spot in Tampa's heart to quickly notice a silver SRT4 with temp tags running around being dumb. If it wasnt a small world it was a friend of a friend, the last person i'd expect to see in an SRT4. Anyhow hes got some kind of bleed on it but he couldnt elaborate very well. What bothered me most is that he got it TODAY! :shock: with 16 miles and when i saw him it had 199 beaten on miles in its first DAY!. I of course am not one to talk but man i would have atleast let it get to 500 miles before i'd start doing any mods or racing. The 3 SRT's present now wanting to race couldnt because the spot was over run by ricers and soon was broken up by TPD. So on we go.

Now in the outskirts of Tampa we find a spot where few ricers chill and the big dogs thrill. So we hang out for a bit until TPD ruins the fun yet again so further away we go. This time i choose to travel without the ricers so that Second Chance and Terminator can have a few highway battle runs. If you havent been keeping track, Second Chance was following us most of the night. Anyhow so we are about to get our first battle going when a Sheriff decides to roll up going the opposite direction. No go there. In our trek we saw plenty of cops but alas we got a good 3 mile , 3 lane, lone and dark road we could have some fun on.

Second Chance rolls up and Terminator (with me in the car) stages and they both simultaniously downshift to second. We were off quickly as Second Chance took the jump but Terminator reeled him in slowly making up for the lost ground and making it a draw. The second time around they both took off at the same time and the $1 modded car :wink: :twisted: still slightly pulled Second Chance. So we finally arrive at our next destination in a hurry only to find more cops.

At this point Term and Second Chance want to find some races but since i was around i didnt want to let the locals make mockery of my friends. See here in Tampa the "TR crew", "BadRap crew" and "former 3rdshift crew" all like to pick severely on newbies specially ones that drive SRT4s. Some of those guy are cool but most are cruel who have no common sense. Basically only people who asked to race any of the SRT4s were such people trying to mock the SRT. So i quickly declined for my friends and i hope that they didnt mind me saving them from becoming lunch meat for some of the locals. They were fed up with the lack of races (there were 100-150 cars present :shock: ), the lack of competition (most were either riced to hell or too fast to mention i.e 11sec AWD DSM's and 12sec CRX :wink: ) and sheer boredom.

THE GOOOOOD STUFFS!!......

So we headed out after loosing touch with the silver SRT4 and on the way out i made sure to ask Terminator to boost past all the non believers and im sure Second Chance did aswell. By now without realizing it we had a Corrado VR6 and a 240 sx both cars driven by people we knew but we didnt know were following. We quickly ended up in Tampa again and "wow! whats that noise?" asked Terminator. I replied with "You ever hear a Volkswagen Corrado VR6 running 9psi on a Vortec Supercharger? !!:shock: :shock: " and his reply was "Never heard of the Corrado" so i had to give him a quick run down that went like this..." just simply put man...you'll get 0wn3d!!!!". But none the less the guy in the Corrado wanted to try Terminator and would you believe me if i told you that we actually beat that Corrado? well we did..not once or twice. Just read on it gets better trust me!

So the first run was in 2nd gear but his 1st and as he gave us the jump we quickly rolled away. But we all know what a VR6+Blower should do and as i expected he bounced back from a car deficit to shift in to 2nd and stay right next to the rear wheel only to miss 3rd. Win 1. Second roll on was from 2nd for us again but his 2nd at a highr rate of speed this after he told us he missed 3rd. Again he gives us the jump and we quickly sprang away both us impressed with the awesome sounds coming from his VR6 Corrado. By the time he missed 3rd again we were still 3/4 car ahead with him wanting another rematch. Win 2. Now for this 3rd time he decided he wanted to try it from a DIG!!! :shock: So worried me asked Terminator not to do it but then again how often do you see a fast Corrado? for us NEVER!

Light goes green and they both hold first with him taking the jump but miraculously we managed to stay beside him and right about the time i expected him to roll away *LOUD GRINDING and LOUD Blower bipass valve sounds* 3rd again. Win 4. At this point we established that the syncros for 3rd hated the world so i told him to wait till we could go faster on the highway. As expected Second Chance wanted no part so he just watched from a distance..no harm in that i would have done the same had i not been in the SRT4. So from a 3rd gear roll (YES! he found it!) we went at it yet again and i kept telling Terminator not to be shocked if the Corrado freight trains us on the top end. Surprisingly it took the Corrado 4th gear to but its front half in front of the SRT's front end. At that piont Terminator reached for 5th gear while at the same time screaming "NOOOOOOOOOO!" as he was freight training us as i predicted. Whoops he missed 5th briefly but that was long enough for us to sail past him. Even at 145mph he still couldnt catch us. i accidentally hit the flashers :twisted: :roll: 8) :lol: then turned them off. Win 5. By this point we reached the end of the bridge and i think he went away a surprised VW owner who wished his tranny didnt cost him 5 races total. We wont mention the 3rd cause it was pretty similar to the first two :roll: :wink: :twisted: .

The guys in the 240 aswell as the Corrado owner had to be atleast somewhat impressed. They are a bunch of cool guys and i have always had mad respect for that Corrado...to be honest i was expecting Terminator to get exterminated by the blown VR6 but that didnt happen so i gotta give Terminator his props for holding off the fastest Corrado in town. By this point Second Chance got tired of seeing the taillights in the distance so he rolled up. Second Chance took the jump but somehow Terminator with me in the car and no major mods he still managed to hang right next to Second Chance and then we started to pull.

By this time Second Chance knew where i was leading them to for a dead stop put up or shut up race. Well not exactly we just wanted to see how the $1 modded SRT4 stood against the Bltz SBC-ID equipped SRT4. I flagged the race and last i saw Terminator was getting his ass handed to him by Second Chance. I'll let them tell that story cause i wasnt in the car nor do you all wanna read anymore of my babbling....lol...good night!

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Re: Wow! What a night! (Street Racing) *Long*

acr2nv said:
Even at 145mph he still couldnt catch us. i accidentally hit the flashers then turned them off.
I would have broke your fingers if you touched anything with me going that fast!! :evil:

Anyways seems like u guys had fun. Glad no popo got you guys. Now maybe you see why I dont go to the organized events, TPD all over the place!!!

While you guys were out doing that, I was riding some very nice twisties at 12AM, and lighting the fuck up outta my tires...all 176WHP of it!!!

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Quick question, where you smoking s cig while shooting up heroin, while driving drunk? I mean come on man 145 on a public road while racing. You guys need some control, if your car is a "race" car take it to the track where you run less of a chance of colliding with some innocents.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
WRX4m3 said:
Quick question, where you smoking s cig while shooting up heroin, while driving drunk? I mean come on man 145 on a public road while racing. You guys need some control, if your car is a "race" car take it to the track where you run less of a chance of colliding with some innocents.
Dude dont waste ur breath,
It happens every Saturday around here (TAMPA) and the po-po are there every week and it still continues. I see it every saturday as I am coming home from work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The races here in San Diego are overrun with cops as well. There is a special division called DragNet which is assigned to Friday-Saturday night races. The race scene used to be huge here.. 500+ cars now it's just crap I don't even go anymore. Your story does bring back memories, thanks for sharing. I want to hear more about Second Chance's SRT-4.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well Terminator's car = $1 mod and Second Chance's car = Blitz SBC ID EBC ($400-500)... i was impressed with both cars but i was pissed that Second Chance's car did do better.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A1337>PB< said:
man to bad u didnt show any ricers wut the SRT4 is all about... im very disapointed on the corado...

nice kills... :lol:
Dude the car looks nice, sounds nice and is fast a fuck but the tranny is shot otherwise he should have school bused us

·
Registered
582 Posts
Lets just say it was one of the worst launches ever in the history of races =P but i still got the jump on him by about a car and about 100 he caught up and was pulling then 110 i let off turned around, we didn't get a 2nd run. But next time....

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was trying to get that rematch going but Term and i were puzzled by your quick exit

BTW guys it was ironic but Term and i were headed out to complete the color spectrum. We were told Silver, Red and Black were out racing so we left but missed everyone but the silver one. oh darn!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm moving to the tampa area this summer. I might be getting a SRT-4. We'll all have to meet up sometime and I'll bring the cobra out.. We'll pick on the 11 sec dsms and CRXs and crap like that. :D

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
please whatever you do dont be like the local LS1/LT1 guys actually i'll bet you can put a hurtin on most of them but yeah drop me a PM when you get in town with the killer snake and the "neon on crack" :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well its obvious ED that your definition of fun is not the same as ours. I dont disrespect anyone on this forum and dont appreciate a newbie doing so. We are all enthusiasts here but most importantly individuals. While i know you may not like what me and my friends do for fun but im sure it would be likwise about you. So how about this, maybe you are jealous that we are having fun...just relax and you too may have fun someday too. :lol: :lol: 8)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm willing to bet his definition of "fun" doesn't include much possibility of killing or maiming innocent people. "fun" isn't it? Why don't you tell someone who's had somebody they know killed by streetracing to "grow up, relax and have some fun" :roll:

But it won't happen to you, right? You only do it safely.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....SrtEd is an asshole.....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
24 Participants
Born2Drive
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing