Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yup...
started covid rebuild yesterday .. 270k miles... lets say, its a great car for 20k..

finished my 500hp dyno.. hit the track personal best, yes i can't shift). had a few issues with a hot clutch... came back another day.. stock head (yup 270k)... ordered new springs and exhaust valves (w/keepers)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
yup yup...
prepping for a retirement build (I'm 62)

the eagle rods went on a 7% diet (545 g.)
the J&E pistons and should be 10% lighter when finished
taper bore the pin ends to remove about 5% weight
lighten the crankshaft (static balance as I machine to attempt to keep things close so the automotive machine shop won't hate me)

I recently completed a similar mod process to my yamaha r6...lightened reciprocating and rotating mass (with lots of flow mods)
...the results exceeded my expectations...

Bob, some OG's are still on the forum

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yup yup...
prepping for a retirement build (I'm 62)

the eagle rods went on a 7% diet (545 g.)
the J&E pistons and should be 10% lighter when finished
taper bore the pin ends to remove about 5% weight
lighten the crankshaft (static balance as I machine to attempt to keep things close so the automotive machine shop won't hate me)

I recently completed a similar mod process to my yamaha r6...lightened reciprocating and rotating mass (with lots of flow mods)
...the results exceeded my expectations...

Bob, some OG's are still on the forum
your build looks similar to mine.. if you haven't already done so... billet input shaft.. moog problem solver lca... and put the car on a diet

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
It's certainly not as busy as say 12, 15 years ago. Unfortunately a lot of good info (pictures) have been lost (or removed) over time. But still a good spot to research and get parts if ya need them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Use this place for research, a lot of good info here - and srt4 is a buyers market - which is why I'm doing my motor swap into an 83 shelby charger. 1800lbs as it sits right now without me in it, motor in, (but no cage yet)

·
Registered
771 Posts
I still visit occasionally, although that will change now that I sold my SRT (again). There's still a lot of good info on here.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Still lurking around...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts