Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealership only has one yellow SRT-4...and it has close to 60miles on it. The salesman said it was from test drives, but everything is fine with the car. If the test drives were anything like the ones I had, I am not so sure...hahaha. Would you guys buy a car with close to 60mi on it? I sorta wanted a car with like 5 or 6 miles.

·
Banned
178 Posts
I would probably would not buy it, just because reading post around forums about how people are test driving these cars.. SO IMO i would not buy it.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
60 is better than the retard here locally who spent $1k over MSRP for a car with 295 miles :? :evil:

·
Banned
178 Posts
Man I feel sorry for that guy that bought that car....but yeah i would take a 60 mile car before a 295 mile car also having to pay 1k above.

·
Registered
726 Posts
It all depends on what you're comfortable with. Maybe buy it but ask for a discount? I'd also look carefully at the tires to see if someone dogged it on those test drives.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohyeahwright said:
It all depends on what you're comfortable with. Maybe buy it but ask for a discount? I'd also look carefully at the tires to see if someone dogged it on those test drives.

this particular dealership is selling the car for $18469....they wont go any lower. However, they arent selling it this cheap because of the miles...they are selling all SRT-4's for the same price. They have a red one with under 10mi for the same price.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
ok so your issue is red with less mile or the color you want with 60 ??

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Funny, mine was the first one off the trailer and it had 30 miles on it. The yahoo sales people drove it around no doubt. But look at the bright side, you will have it broken in alot sooner. :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Mine had around 20 miles or so on it. The dealer said the mechanic has to drive it 15 miles after they PID it. Is that true? who knows.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
no thats not true. i think it is at least a mile after they get delivery of the car. but im just guessing, because that is what it is for bikes.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Funny, mine was the first one off the trailer and it had 30 miles on it. The yahoo sales people drove it around no doubt. But look at the bright side, you will have it broken in alot sooner. :)
It's not like if anything breaks, your gonna have to pay for it. Plus I think the price for that car is good, you'll prolly be paying 19.2k or so out the door... if they don't screw you

·
Registered
295 Posts
hey srt-hunter

I would not buy one if I were you!! what dealer are you getting it from?? let me know because I can get you in touch with my dealer for MSRP and they have a black red yellow and a silver one in CALI (southern cali) let me know fast if you have/t bought it yet, it sounds like you did get it though!
My red srt-4 was right off the truck when it had ONLY one mile oh yeah right your right!! I snagged it before anyone couldget there dealer tire spinning hands on it!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: hey srt-hunter

SRTdriven said:
I would not buy one if I were you!! what dealer are you getting it from?? let me know because I can get you in touch with my dealer for MSRP and they have a black red yellow and a silver one in CALI (southern cali) let me know fast if you have/t bought it yet, it sounds like you did get it though!
My red srt-4 was right off the truck when it had ONLY one mile oh yeah right your right!! I snagged it before anyone couldget there dealer tire spinning hands on it!!!
Its LAX Dodge/Chrysler...the prices are through CarMax (www.carmax.com). I dont want to pay MSRP now that I now I can get the car for $18,469. If your dealer can meet or beat it, then I will give them a call, but so far EVERY dealer I called will not match the price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would jump on that price as the best I could do was $400 over invoice $18,875 = $19,275 + tax, tags no dealer fee.. they are selling well below dealer invoice... at $18,469 I just don't get it, as there are no incentitives on SRT-4 at this time that I know of...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trs900 said:
I would jump on that price as the best I could do was $400 over invoice $18,875 = $19,275 + tax, tags no dealer fee.. they are selling well below dealer invoice... at $18,469 I just don't get it, as there are no incentitives on SRT-4 at this time that I know of...
there explanation is that they buy all their cars in bulk. To be honest, I dont care how they do it...lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
60 miles isn't unordinary after a couple test drives... I work at a dodge dealership and first off they don't arrive at the dealership with no miles on them. Plus we're supposed to put 10 miles on a new vehicle during PDI inspection before it even goes on the lot or to the customer. So in other words, EVERY Neon SRT-4 has been driven hard from the start.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
Dodge Tech
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing