1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SRT-4 basic performance upgrade+
SRT-4 Garrett T3/T04 Turbocharger Upgrade Kit
stage 2 w/o turbotoys
Greddy type-s blow off valve(optional maybe much later ill get)
now for suspension
eibach lowering springs
basic other like strut bars,etc.
then a rotor upgrade.
maybe ill even get some newrims.

but are those performance mods street/CARB legal?

·
Registered
751 Posts
hide ur turbo with a heat shield, get a cat with ur exhaust, reflash ur stage 2 pcm so id doesnt show any codes. then yes u will be legal. if u are getting smogged u'll be ok but if u get pulled over in CA and they call a special street racing unit to check out ur car ur screwed, but that wont happen, i hope

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so what parts would you recommend for this and if i get caught what will most likely happen? also should i get a muffler on my car and a more quiet blowoff valve. also maybe i should keep a dyno sheet with stock numbers or somethin as backup. i just hope that i dont get pulled over cause if i do could they take my car?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just wondering in your opinion is it safer to go with other mods? cause i really want 350hp. i dont wannaget a v-8 cause the parts to upgrade an ls1 are so much, plus the mileage they get is crappy. what are the steps of not gettin pulled over by the cops while maintaining a fast ride?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
bzdriver said:
What are the steps of not gettin pulled over by the cops while maintaining a fast ride?
Steps are:
1. Don't street race.
2. Don't be flashy (no decals, no loud exhaust . . . ).
3. Don't drive over the speed limit.
4. Be polite to cops (most important!).

This has been a public service announcement from Jeff!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well if lets say something bad happens incase it does, do you have any other recommendations for hp gains?
i really wanna get from low to mid 300's
if i can get to their ill be happy but not as happy as the people living outside of california...who get to do basically what ever they want to their car and still street it.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Dont be a tough guy and refuse to pop your hood. Chances are if you are obeying the law for the most part, this situation wont even come about, but if it does, dont be a punk, itll only show you have something to hide and don't think they wont find a way to get to the bottom of things. its like a cop smelling alcohol on your breath, seeing a cooler on the passenger seat, then you refusing to open it...don't give them reason to be more suspicious or act like you know more about their job than they do, itll just piss them off. especially if you did something wrong, you know you did something wrong and so does the officer, its the reason they pulled you over, so dont beat around the bush. From how you sound, it seems like you legitimately dont want to play the illegal game, so as long as you stay on that path, you shouldnt have anything to hide. Plus, with the stuff you said you want to do and like the guy above said, get a heat shield and they shouldnt be able to tell its very far from stock considering the things you want to do. S2 w/o toys passed the sniffer with someone, so yes get the reflash so you dont throw codes. Bigger turbo might have emission problems, I dont think anyones tested that one yet. I hear people with BOVs around, but it is true that they are not legal and if a cop hears one, there is your probable cause to pop your hood cause its not street legal and the sound is usually quite audible, no need now for a warrant. Some cops don't care, so long as you follow the advice in jeffs public service announcement, but you just never know and there could be just as many cops out really wanting to crack down on illegal cars. This has been a very big concern for me as well, Ive never gotten a moving violation and really don't want to get a stupid fix-it ticket either, or fine for that matter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.