Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there's suppost to be a backfire when WOT shifting. I've tried WOT shifting from 2-3 a couple of times, and I seemed to get a backfire as I would push the clutch in.

Anyone have this happen to them? I was curious because it happened a few times. I don't think it's the rev limiter, because I didn't hear it kick in. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Yes, part of how it (WOT shifting) works. The PCM dumps a bucketload of fuel, tis fuel ignites in the manifold, keeping the turbo spooling to keep boost levels up.

But keep in mind, this technique is hard on drivetrain stuff, so it's not really for everday use.

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
then you're not doing it right:) I know it's hard, took me like 4 tries to NOT lift off the throttle:)

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Not in my experience, but I haven't hit it in maybe 35K:)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
glhs837 said:
Yes, part of how it (WOT shifting) works. The PCM dumps a bucketload of fuel, tis fuel ignites in the manifold, keeping the turbo spooling to keep boost levels up.

But keep in mind, this technique is hard on drivetrain stuff, so it's not really for everday use.

hmmm...so what about piggyback users who have some fuel pulled from the top end? Not much fuel to dump during a WOT shift...what happens then...

hmmm...are you pondering what Im pondering...

·
Banned
10,530 Posts
what he said ^

if im not mistaken an afterfire is harmless while the backfire... well, thats another story.

j.r.:king:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do you guys who wot shift notice a differnce at the strip? i did 5 runs once and 3 of the 5 i wot shifted and the car didnt do any better. all were it the 13.4x range. i have no proof but the car feels to fall flat when i wot. just a feeling tho.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Stealth said:
You must not be shifting fast enought, cause I can definitly see a differnce when
granny shifting compared to power shifting.
trust me, im shifting fast enough, not new to the game. had a dsm b4 with a dis 2 ran low 12's while wot shifting all day, im just saying with the "dodge" mine, it seems flat in 3rd and 4th when i wot. crazy, maybe my mods.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.