Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So yeah.. I'm rather excited. I finally got to my goal.. in fact two of my goals. :D

One.. trap speed 120+
Two.. 11 second 1/4 mile.

Drove 135miles to track for weekend.. ran 11's, drove 135miles back home. Only problem the whole trip= my electronic dump took a sh*t and broke apart...so it's worthless now. Took third place in the Quick 8 shootout for the www.Importshowdown.com also.. which I was amazed at. The top two cars were running low 11's. (gutted honda hatches/turbo'd/nitrous). I was in street trim+slicks with sub, amps, and spare in trunk still.

Here's my slip:

I backed up my 11.99 with another 11.99. Ha!

The car was hauling @ss today... ran some C16 for the extra assurance and turned the boost up a wee bit.
Ran two pump-gas, street tire run for shits and giggles= [email protected] 114, [email protected] 115. Then went race mode: gas and slicks.

[email protected] 121, [email protected] 118, [email protected] > then the back to back 11's (lowered tire pressure in slicks to 10.5 cool--so I wasn't roasting the slicks in 1st and top of 2nd like the 4 runs here).

Anyways.. just stoked about the whole deal. I called it a day after the two 11's.... figured why push my luck. :)

Laters!
Jason.

·
Banned
5,283 Posts
And he got a trophy for best import/domestic at a pretrack car meet. Thanks for the invite out to hang out with you and your car club guys. Best exhaust contest? What the hell was that all about? I say thats where you blew the elec cutout. LOL great times and congrats.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pump=23/24.. horrible traction (basically off/on gas/no traction) in 1st, 2nd.. street tires.

race= 25-28psi .. depending on which runs.. lol And C16 for gas, slicks.

The first 11 pass was ~26/27psi > second probably 27/28. Hard to look and drive. ;)

The car isn't exactly tuned to these boost levels or gas either.. it's kinda just a turn boost up and let 'er rip. Racegas is there for the safety factor.

Laters!
Jason.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The mods that matter(performance):

-Stock ECU(ditched Stg 1)
-3" Maxxfab catless downpipe with 3" dump
-Greddy Profec A
-Exhaust Depot hard IC pipes/ Greddy Type-R bov
-AGP 3" cold air intake
-PSIFI dogbone motor mounts
-AGP 60-1 turbo kit
-RC 750cc injectors
-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-SAFC II
-Spearco BIG FMIC
-Spec 3i clutch
-MH 26/6/15 Racemaster slicks

Laters!
Jason.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Don't go back to the track again, I don't wan't to move down the list anymore:)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honda Hunter.. :lol:

Yeah.. I got ya beat mph wise... If I could pull a better 60' or anything.. I could likely pull a better ET. haha...

I probably won't be back to a track for a while.. gotta save some money and buy some more parts... mwahaha!

Laters!
Jason.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bodizapha13 said:
And he got a trophy for best import/domestic at a pretrack car meet. Thanks for the invite out to hang out with you and your car club guys. Best exhaust contest? What the hell was that all about?
Thanks for coming out. The car show turnout was definitely a little disappointing. But the Track Day turnout was absolutely awesome. I definitely had a good time putting on the event.

Congrats to Crowe for the 3rd place finish and the 11 second timeslips. We never could get him to run one in his DSM :jester:

BTW That wasn't a best exhaust contest, it was the way the couple of judges wanted to help determine who had the best all around car. Not just looks, or mods... but sounded good, looked good rolling, nice power, etc. Since obviously most of us there were more about racing, than showing, wanted to try to include all aspects... alright, how about don't ask me it wasn't my idea... haha.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I made if for the racing, and was lucky enough to see the first 11 sec. pass. The SRT people in the staging area were jumping up and down (ok, it was just me), but a lot were excited as most know Jason from his DSM days. Great runs Jason!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.