Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Banned
27,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
if you trust me i can instruct you and possibly drive :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

· Banned
27,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
no hes the one that beat the shizzit out of his car (Raptor knows!) not my fault and your car...well your car is the odd ball

· Registered
1,918 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
oh man, and that was on 91 octane.

http://www.atpturbo.com/turbopiping/monstermate/DodgeNeonSRT4.asp

so for $300 i can go 12.9 with no lsd. on 91 octane. this car just keeps getting better. :lol:
No, for $840.00+ drag radials, you should run 12s. You have to add up all the stages, not just the last stage.

-M

· Premium Member
5,918 Posts
so 12.5's possible with 93 octane? for $1000. hmmm.. i hope turboXS can match this, since i live so damn close to them.

· Registered
79 Posts
MT ET Drags most likely, they come in 22x8x15s, I have used them. A lot of the 2.2 guys are using M&H 23s Racemasters. Contact FM or Relentless:

http://www.relentlessracing.com/

www.forwardmotioninc.com

Maybe now the people who thought 12s weren't possible with slicks and minor bolt ons will understand. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! I didn't just start drag racing FWD cars yesterday.....

· Registered
1,918 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
so 12.5's possible with 93 octane? for $1000. hmmm.. i hope turboXS can match this, since i live so damn close to them.
Yo! You in MD???:) Cool beans!! My hometown is D.C.!! Next time you at the runs, let me know - I've got a couple of cars that want to test their mettle against you (i.e a Dodge Shelby Turbo, and a Taurus SHO w/ mods).

-M

· Premium Member
5,918 Posts
wait a minute here...

so you have to buy the $400 downpipe w/cat, and THEN you have to buy the $300 downpipe without the cat? i dont think so.

so we are back down to $300 with tires if you dont get the "pressure pipe".

good deal! go srt-4...

· Premium Member
5,918 Posts
dragomni said:
I would say with better fuel, larger turbo, more boost, yeah, mid 12s will be the least of your worries, on slicks of course.
so you dont think 12.5 will be possible with better gas on the stock turbo?

· Registered
79 Posts
Yeah I would say it's possible. These guys ran 12.9 at this outing. They will be able to improve that alone maybe 1-2/10, maybe more. I personally think the stock turbo can push more than 16psi fairly efficiently, maybe I'm wrong on this but until someone tries it I have to beleive it can. I would say to try it or ask ATP what thier experience has been with more than 16psi, maybe they haven't tried yet.

The best people to ask are the ones that have done it. ATP. but remember, they are trying to sell you parts.....

Start out stock, run the car, see what you can do. With slicks I would put money on mid to low 13s. Do your mods, run it again. Crank the boost up a bit more, run it again. Not all in the same day. You need at least 1 outing to the track to find your best with your current setup before changing things. I would say 2-3-4 trips to the track per setup to see what you can do. Practice practice practice! Though you will be running slicks you still need the practice to master the launch. Your first runs you'll probly be disappointed, but keep at it before changing things.

· Registered
1,918 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
wait a minute here...

so you have to buy the $400 downpipe w/cat, and THEN you have to buy the $300 downpipe without the cat? i dont think so.

so we are back down to $300 with tires if you dont get the "pressure pipe".

good deal! go srt-4...
Yea, you are right, but the stages don't include a boost controller. So I'd say you need about $540.00 + drag radials for 12s. $140 for the UPP, $300 for the downpipe w/race pipe, and $100 for boost controller.

-M

· Registered
26,333 Posts
BeanTownsSRT-4 said:
That was soooo sick....I whish we could have seen the launch but oh well thats good enough for me. When i get my srt-4 im gonna buy drag radials for it and you guys can see me do 13's with ease 8)
Ok guys, out of respect for the women on this board, we should not put a NAKED WOMAN as our little Avatar pic.

Oh my, I wonder if PVO received this MPEG file.

· Registered
26,333 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
fasterfwd said:
cool video.did it beat he vette?looks like it.
thats not possible. maybe the vette was an automatic, or if it was a stick he had to have missed a shift. have you seen the magazine times for the vettes?
It was a C05 Vette. This car is a second slower than the Z06 due to less HP and more restrive intake, intake, and exhaust system.

I am convince, that after some more trial times and experimentation this car will run with the SRT-10 Ram in the 1/4 mile.

· Registered
304 Posts
hemidakota said:
lifeisdeath said:
fasterfwd said:
cool video.did it beat he vette?looks like it.
thats not possible. maybe the vette was an automatic, or if it was a stick he had to have missed a shift. have you seen the magazine times for the vettes?
It was a C05 Vette. This car is a second slower than the Z06 due to less HP and more restrive intake, intake, and exhaust system.
That was a z06. 8)

· Registered
3,051 Posts
I'd bet money slicks alone can reach those times. The trap speed of 102 has been pulled by stock srt's. Those mods don't seem to do much.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.