Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Warlord187 said:
5.7L HEMI V8 with a Whipple supercharger
430hp
480 lb-ft of torque
0-60 in 5.5 seconds

RWD with an AWD option!!!
dear god, only 5.5 0-60? does this thing weigh 5000 pounds? and you think the srt-4 guys should be worried? :p :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
This car is in a completely different class than the SRT-4. The SRT-4 is more for kids. This SRT-8 is more for people in their late 20's and up. This is more for people who need to haul around kids and their crap for soccer or whatever. With over 400 horsepower I don't think anything out there is even comparable to this machine. It is in a segment of its own, whatever you call it. I am just glad Dodge has waken up from its coma. I am tired of boring FWD cars that have no balls. I think I bought the last one they ever made like that! The Stealth wasn't their product and I can't afford a Viper. Now, we have the SRT-4, SRT-8, Hemi powered trucks and soon Hemi powered RWD cars. WE HAVE RECOVERED FROM THE COMATOSE STATE!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lifeisdeath said:
dear god, only 5.5 0-60? does this thing weigh 5000 pounds? and you think the srt-4 guys should be worried? :p :lol:
Worried? No. Shocked? A bit. :)

Either way, the SRT-4 and SRT-8 are forces to be reckoned with. :)

I mean how many people would really expect a stationwagon to be that fast (especially your common ricer)? :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i dont know, if they keep the styling of the demo car, then it looks fast sitting still. dont get me wrong i like it, but does anyone know how much it weighs? cause 5.5 seems slow for over 400hp. unless they are pulling another "dodge" and when it comes out it has 430+ wheel hp, and does 0-50 in 4.5. :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lifeisdeath said:
i dont know, if they keep the styling of the demo car, then it looks fast sitting still. dont get me wrong i like it, but does anyone know how much it weighs? cause 5.5 seems slow for over 400hp. unless they are pulling another "dodge" and when it comes out it has 430+ wheel hp, and does 0-50 in 4.5. :lol:
I heard 4000 lbs.

The time is speclative. Once the mags get a hold of it we'll have a better idea.

She be a full size car alright. :)

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
just like the faces you see when u get stomped by a Spirit RT :roll: :wink: :twisted: 8)

·
Registered
694 Posts
I WANT ONE OF THESE ANTI-SUV'S!

I have never been a fan or desired any Chrysler products. I also dislike FWD. However, I want this Dodge Magnum SRT-8. I like it because it is very Euro, Big & imposing. I also love the fact that the running gear will be Mercedes base suspension and Rear Drive. Love the chopped roof look. Hopefully it will be available with nonsupercharged Hemi V8 and AWD.

I don't care for trucks nor SUV's. They drive awful, the handling is not sporty and I don't go off-road. Plus, I have never been a fan of vehicle rollover either. I do need some utility and snow capability. I can't wait to replace my Ford Explorer Sport Trac with this car.

IMHO, the Magnum is akin to the Euro only Mercedes E55 AMG Wagon and Audi RS6 Wagon. Those wagons are priced over $80k and the SRT-8 will be $35k. I predict this car will be the most highly tuned Chrysler product for aftermarket stuff since the PT Cruiser.

The Supercharged Version with RWD will be the next "Draggin Wagon" at your local Drag Strips.

Does Nascar allow a wagon body replica? :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
yes, you are the only one. :p

·
Registered
694 Posts
Bad93Ex said:
Honestly it is ugly. Looks like a station wagon am I the only one?
Yeah, maybe you are right! It is ugly and it is a station wagon. So What! Who wants a pretty car? Not me. Ugly or not it is different, more capable, cool and hopefully fun to drive. With 430HP & RWD it should be. Look at the PT Cruiser - it is ugly and a wagon - and also one of the biggest modified cars on the show car circuit.

I don't get it? Why are some folks put off by wagons? Every SUV is a wagon! Most SUV's look like bricks on wheels with little style, aerodynamics or curves. Besides, you buy a wagon for it's utility - a sedan or a coupe has no utility.

As for me as I stated this car is Anti-SUV for me. Lumbering SUV's are not fun to drive.

The same chassis will come in a sedan for those that need a sedan.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
After talking to some reps at PVO (SEMA Show). It is no go for the AWD unit. It will be a RWD unit only for the SRT-8.

Now for the bad news: the LX version will be released first before the Magnum Wagon. This beast will have a 6.1 ltr. Hemi. Unsure if it will include a WHipple SC unit.

Price? 40-43K

Better than a M5 pricing and is a combo mixure of luxury and H-performance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
10 Participants
Warlord187
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing