Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the deal with this does anyone have an idea?, i swapped my ecu's i put a stock one in and took my stage 1 out..why wont it let me upload a tune to the stock computer?..before i took my stage 1 out i maade sure i flashed it back to stock so that it would stay unlocked so i can use it on the stocker. please help : (

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Is it an 04/05 S0 PCM? 03 will not work.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my car is an 03..i just got it back from dodge tho because the other pcm was messed up and replaced it under warranty with a brand new stock one...is this why it wont work??

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Will not work on 03 S0 pcms.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is there any update on this? I have an 03 PT Cruiser GT that I bought an SCT and a canned 93 octane tune for. I get the corrupt tune error as well. Are there plans for SCT to fix this?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Is there any update on this? I have an 03 PT Cruiser GT that I bought an SCT and a canned 93 octane tune for. I get the corrupt tune error as well. Are there plans for SCT to fix this?

Thanks,

Brian
Why did you buy it if they always told everyone they dont work for 03 models? :huh:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought the SCT tuner and a canned tune from a guy who had already done a 93 octane tune and claimed that it would work on an 03-05 car. After getting the Corrupt File error, a google search brought me to this thread for the first time last night so I had not read any of the SCT history on the SRT4 cars. Turned out to be a binary difference in the code. He did some tweaking and sent me the new tune file that runs on the NGC1 PCM. Works great! 03 stage 0 PCM with a great tune via the SCT tuner.

Problem solved.

I bet the Stage 0 PCMs will work on the SRT4s as well now.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update, we got the files to load properly on my 03 but the tuning is not going well. Can someone (nemiro maybe) shed some light on what the issues are, technically, with the 03 PCMs?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Well , I dont know about the ECU differences , but I do know that the 03s had a different injector flow , so the injector scaling will different between a 03 base-code & a later base code . There is a SCT wiki that has a list of codes , but I think they may be 04 05 codes . There may be some info on this subject available in the tecnical tuning section , sub-section SCT .
Hope you find your answers .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update: Some of the tables in the 2003 stage 0 PCMs are a different size (9 x 9) than the later PCMs (which are 17 x 17) The guy I am working with has done quite a few PTs and SRT4s and is doing a great job getting everything mapped to the 03 PCM. I'll let you guys know how things work out. Looks promising though.

Brian

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have Stage 1 injectors in my car and the tune has been scaled for those.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Cheapest/easiest solution is to get a NGC3 PCM for a 2004-05 NSRT. They can be purchased cheaply, then get the VIN flashed by anyone who has a DRBIII. Simple, and easy to do. I have given up on the 03 code base, as it has too many disadvantages as compared to the NGC3.

·
Registered
25 Posts
NSRT PCM won't work in an automatic equipped PT, plus my cruise control wouldn't work. I have, however, wondered if an 04 ATX PCM from a PT is plug and play in an 03 PT Turbo. I've heard that there could be sensor differences as well as crankshaft tonering differences. Not sure.

·
Forum Moderator, 2011 Calendar Car
15,675 Posts
NSRT PCM won't work in an automatic equipped PT, plus my cruise control wouldn't work. I have, however, wondered if an 04 ATX PCM from a PT is plug and play in an 03 PT Turbo. I've heard that there could be sensor differences as well as crankshaft tonering differences. Not sure.
cruise will work.....

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
I have an 04 PTGT module at home. I do know it starts and runs my NSRT, but I haven't done any work with it beyond that.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have an 04 PTGT module at home. I do know it starts and runs my NSRT, but I haven't done any work with it beyond that.
Manual trans PT PCM will work on an SRT, and vice versa. Neither however will work on an auto trans PT. The auto trans PT PCM has a 4th plug on it that all of the auto trans sensors, solenoids, etc, are wired into. The engine would probably start, but the car would not be driveable with nothing controlling the transmission, since the 41TE is an electronically controlled automatic transmission.

Now an Auto trans PCM could be hooked up to a manual trans PT or SRT, and it would start and run the vehicle, however it'll throw a code freaking out because it can't see the transmission, and the speedometer will be off. You can even flash an auto trans part number to a manual trans PCM, and get the same results.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Think there was talk of an aftermarket transmission controller for the 4 speed autos. Cannot remember where I read that.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Did they ever get megashift working with the megasquirt? That would have been an awesome alternative to expensive trans controllers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts