Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed the tranny fluid in my 05 srt4 and ever since then the car wont let me downshift from third to second. I can shift into second if I'm just going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd but If i try to downshift to second it wont let me. Please help I have no idea what to do!

·
Registered
183 Posts
What fluid did you use? Same when cold and warmed up?

Will it allow you to downshift if you swiftly execute this sequence when going from 3rd to 2nd?
1. clutch-in
2. neutral
3. clutch-out
4. clutch-in
5. 2nd

I've seen parts swell when using incompatible fluid on other transmissions before, making it difficult to get into gear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used mopar ATF+4 since that's what modern performance recommends and yes it is the same cold or warmed up. No those steps do not work. I believe it might be my master slave cylinder but have no idea.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mine has been difficult to downshift into second since I got the car. I did some reading and it's a fairly common issue, with no real solution that I could find. Some people made it go away by adjusting the cables under the shifter, but that didn't work for me.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine has been difficult to downshift into second since I got the car. I did some reading and it's a fairly common issue, with no real solution that I could find. Some people made it go away by adjusting the cables under the shifter, but that didn't work for me.
When mine gets hard to downshift, i change the clutch master rod length, and that fixes it for a while

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Adjusting the clutch master rod length worked for myself for about 6 months. Then the problem came back. The fix was dropping the transmission. Replacing or modifying the clutch release fork. I modified mine using stainless steel screws. Shifts like new.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Adjusting the clutch master rod length worked for myself for about 6 months. Then the problem came back. The fix was dropping the transmission. Replacing or modifying the clutch release fork. I modified mine using stainless steel screws. Shifts like new.
Big facts here.. thats the right way to do it..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts