Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the other day i was doin a pull and when i tried doin another 1 the car wouldn't go past 10psi and ran really rich 10AFR. Car runs perfectly fine regular driving. I did a boost leak test and there is no leaks. When on WOT the car runs heavy. Tried disconnecting the battery and nothing. Changed spark plugs still nothing. No check engine and vacuum is at 20. Im running a Gt3076r with precision 39mm waste gate dyno tunned on e85, walbro 450. Car ren 20psi.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im running a manual boost controller and im not sure what spring is in the wastegate. Most likely the spring that the wastegate comes preinstalled from manufacturer. Cant remember. The car will boost more when i turn up the boost but it still runs bad

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing is that the car doesnt sputter or misfire or anything. It runs heavy like its working extra hard to make boost and i havent touched anything , it just happened out of nowhere

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No check engine and i did change and gapped the spark plugs. I was thinking mabie the wastegate is stuck open, but then i dont hear exhaust threw the dump tube and its not stuck close because no overboost. Called my tuner asking for my dyno file so i can mabie reflash the ecu. But he insisted its a boost leak. I boost leak test the car and i swear there is no leaks. This is so weird

·
Registered
448 Posts
No check engine and i did change and gapped the spark plugs. I was thinking mabie the wastegate is stuck open, but then i dont hear exhaust threw the dump tube and its not stuck close because no overboost. Called my tuner asking for my dyno file so i can mabie reflash the ecu. But he insisted its a boost leak. I boost leak test the car and i swear there is no leaks. This is so weird
What did you pressurize your system to? How long did it hold this PSI? Have you considered having a friend help you listen?

Otherwise, spark still seems to be the best place to continue your investigation. Especially since you just made a change there. If it was a sensor or solenoid, you'd have a CEL most likely. Since you're running rich, I wouldn't spend a lot of time investigating fuel.

Remember your triangle. Fuel, air, spark. Confirm all 3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I pressurized it to about 25psi and it started to leak out the oil cap and throttle plate and it slowly went down other then that nothing else leaked. Im goin to try spark plugs, spark plug wires and ignition coil. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So i ren straight off the wastegate and the car ren nicely with perfect afr but only pushed 10psi so im guessing the spring is 10psi and my boost controller might be what is causing all this

·
Registered
448 Posts
So i ren straight off the wastegate and the car ren nicely with perfect afr but only pushed 10psi so im guessing the spring is 10psi and my boost controller might be what is causing all this
Glad you're getting it figured out. I actually had to look up other cases of an MBC failing. They are so simple I couldn't imagine how they would break.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a clogged cat before too. It’s hard to diagnose. Turbo cars need an open exhaust to function properly.

Reactions: AlmightyFork
1 - 14 of 14 Posts