Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering before i got out and spend $600 per tune and like $150 more for every extra tune after that if there is already a map that is setup for a similiar setup.

This is the list of mods:

Wiseco STD bore pistons 8.8:1
Manley connecting rods
DCR ION crank
Rage tek race head
Fidanza adjustable cam gears
BC Stage 3 cams
Performance auto werks Stage 5 fuel system
DCR oil system
MSD Dis 2
Stock coil pack
granatelli wires
DCR 5 layer head gasket
AMS GT850R turbo kit

any other questions or anything about anything feel free to ask.

thanks for your help and time in advance.

-joe

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Im just wondering before i got out and spend $600 per tune and like $150 more for every extra tune after that if there is already a map that is setup for a similiar setup.

Manley connecting rods
DCR ION crank
Rage tek race head
BC Stage 3 cams
DCR oil system
MSD Dis 2
Stock coil pack
granatelli wires
DCR 5 layer head gasket
AMS GT850R turbo kit

-joe
start with the stock 1510 map from AEM, then you will need to set up the in/out changes and adjust the breakpoints

no 2 tunes will be the same, making a base map for the begginer can be overwhelming sometimes

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks, but how safe is the 1510 map? Is it a good break in map? thats really all im looking for. I just want something to run 93 octane for like 500 miles, until everything seats properly. I plan on bringing it to either AMS or Pwerks after the break in. But thats really all im trying to do for now. Im not looking for anything crazy, just something to put around on for a bit until i get it properly tuned.

thanks again for your input.

also i just realized i put this in the wrong part of the AEM workgroup...sorry if a moderator could move it for me thatd be awesome...sorry i know im a idiot...

·
Registered
6,402 Posts

Manley connecting rods
DCR ION crank
Rage tek race head
BC Stage 3 cams
DCR oil system
MSD Dis 2
Stock coil pack
granatelli wires
DCR 5 layer head gasket
AMS GT850R turbo kit

-joe
no... are you kidding? you just spent how much money in parts and you dont want to pay someone to tune it?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because in order to get a good performance tune, im sure you dont want to just jump in it and start romping on the pedal. so id like to do it the proper way, base map it, baby it around for 500 miles swap the fluids, then get the performance tunes. as of right now i plan to have them tune a 93 octane tune, a torco tune, and a c16 tune.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well either way tomorrow im calling ams to see whats up over there (they are the ones i REALLY want to tune it). I am running a pretty similiar setup as 4u2nv, the only real differences are he had a ams37r with .020 over and a gp BFMIC, i have a ams gt850r with std bore and a Pwerks BFMIC. Im really hoping to hit the 700+ mark, even if some think its un-attainable...worst case scenerio i have a local tuner put a decent break in map in it and haul it there later (im in milwaukee theyre in chicago).

either way thanks for your guys inputs, and wish me luck! more to follow later ill post up build pics i have and hopefully dyno videos, etc...

im just REALLY sketchy about altering the base map myself, cause with the cost of the car ($18,000) i have lil over $40,000 into it all...and thats with doing the assembly labor myself...

I understand the concept of EFI tuning...its just im kinda unsure as to how to get it to where i want it. so i refuse to try and alter the map myself even for a break in. Ive done old v-8s but thats like childs play compared to the aem stand alone...

but either way thanks for your inputs, and hopefully everything goes as planned and well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts