Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody, I was wondering if you all could help me out. I'm thinking about buying an srt4 that has some issues and I want to know what I should pay. It's a pretty clean car with 83k original miles and a clean and clear title. The problem it has is the no crank or fuel pump prime. You turn the key and it's got nothing. All the lights work, good power just no crank. I was looking through the forum and it looks like it could be a couple things like a bad Pcm, security issue or possibly a new wiring harness. I obviously haven't bought the car yet so it's hard for me to trouble shoot the problem. What do you guys think it's worth in this condition. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Too vague. If the guy can't swap out a fuel pump to make it run I wouldn't trust him. Edit: No crank? Not just a fuel pump. The starter will turn with a bad fuel pump. Could be a bad clutch pedal switch?
Sometimes if the battery cables arent snug you'll get a no crank.
IF he is telling the truth you could buy a walbro 255 fuel pump from modernperformance.com install that bitch in his driveway and drive it home.
For all you know it has a blown motor. Be an arsehole and say a non runnning srt4 is worth 1500 bucks. Be suspicious. Find a local to go look at the car with you.
Anyone in this guy's area? Maybe try posting in the section that has your state/location in it. You didn't fill out that part when you registered. I leave mine out on purpose. :/ I'm actually in Southern California.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah there are a lot of things that could cause it not to start. If its a pcm they are discontinued through the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts