Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay with out messing with boost what can i do to make some more hps i tried the boost thing and it just messed up my car bad!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just go with the usual bolt-ons, and stage upgrades from mopar. It all depends on how much power you want and how much you've got to spend.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I think your pretty much screwed if you go that route. boost= more power.
Just spend money on the S1 pcm and a new wg. Re-route your vacuum source. And your all good. ;)

Join in on the fun. :)

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Srtblubyu said:
okay with out messing with boost what can i do to make some more hps i tried the boost thing and it just messed up my car bad!
what do you mean you tried messing with boost and messed up your car?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
solar04 said:
Hey DaZone, your avatar looks familar, is that from "full metal panic"?
I have no idea. lol

·
Registered
956 Posts
solar04

Srtblubyu, could you tell us how "trying the boost thing messed up your car bad?" Since this vehicle is turbo-charged, naturally the easiest way to increase horsepower would be to increase boost and further increase the vehicle's efficiency. If upping your boost created huge problems, then you may have something wrong that may need rectifying.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i was running around 17 to 18 psi and bent my throttle body

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a agp WGA and a turbo xs daul stage boost controller

·
Registered
956 Posts
Bent your throttle body? Wow, I don't think I'm familiar with that happening. I ran 18 psi on S0 ('04) for 3 months, and had no problems whatsoever. How is everything running now?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Just exactly what on the throttlebody bent?

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
boost, fuel, timing. bending the TB is a thread in & of itself. never heard that one before.

why dont you buy a used s1 (at least) & work from there. for all intents & purposes, you could do "fine" w/ s1 plus agp wga and a boost controller. gotta watch egt's. recommend dyno on that. but it's cheap.

when it comes to cars, i need stuff in a "package", so s2 for me. no engine probs @ all. well, i had hard starts that miraculously cured itself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts