Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done installing a set of MB Quart front components and need to know how the hell everyone is running wires into the front doors. I didnt realize theres a plug inside the rubber boot/hose...I plan on running 14 gauge - is this even possible?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
317 Posts
GTown-srt said:
I just got done installing a set of MB Quart front components and need to know how the hell everyone is running wires into the front doors. I didnt realize theres a plug inside the rubber boot/hose...I plan on running 14 gauge - is this even possible?
Elbow grease, a wire hanger and a lot of patience. I ran 12g and had to make "modifications" to the platic plug but I guess you don't have to. Sometimes I think if it was just easier to take off the damm door, run the wire and then bolt the door back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rojo said:
GTown-srt said:
I just got done installing a set of MB Quart front components and need to know how the hell everyone is running wires into the front doors. I didnt realize theres a plug inside the rubber boot/hose...I plan on running 14 gauge - is this even possible?
Elbow grease, a wire hanger and a lot of patience. I ran 12g and had to make "modifications" to the platic plug but I guess you don't have to. Sometimes I think if it was just easier to take off the damm door, run the wire and then bolt the door back.
so do you think its possible to run 4 14 gauge wires through the opening?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,066 Posts
i think your gonna have to make a new hole and go buy a small rubber boot to make your own grommet just for that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tinctorus said:
i think your gonna have to make a new hole and go buy a small rubber boot to make your own grommet just for that
Thats kind of what I was thinkin too..thanks for the help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Just use the factory wiring for the 6.5's. Thats what I did for my JL 3 way components off a JL300/2 and it sounds fantastic. Save yourself the trouble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
RestrictX said:
Just use the factory wiring for the 6.5's. Thats what I did for my JL 3 way components off a JL300/2 and it sounds fantastic. Save yourself the trouble.
No offense, but DO NOT USE THE FACTORY WIRE. If you do you will be adding un-needed resistance to the amp, which will drop the amp's power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
I ran 2 12ga. wires into my doors. I just took apart that plug and drilled a big hole through it away from the existing wires. Then snapped it together and ran the new wire through it. Yes, it was tricky but well worth it. Who'd want to look at extray holes in there car???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,066 Posts
ponchonutty said:
I ran 2 12ga. wires into my doors. I just took apart that plug and drilled a big hole through it away from the existing wires. Then snapped it together and ran the new wire through it. Yes, it was tricky but well worth it. Who'd want to look at extray holes in there car???
:rofl: i didnt say i would want to either but i did say it was a option
because if someone hasnt dealt with the stupid grommet/plugs on our cars before or doesnt deal with them on a daily basis they can be tricky and i would hate to tell him drill through the plug and then see another thread saying i tore all the wires outta my door when they got caught on my drill bit what do i do now :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
it's not that tricky. search for a how to thread in here. the guy took pictures and everything and it's a great help. decent speakers that are non amped won't be much better than the stockers and in most cases probably worse.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top