Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok fine...

anyways the ones you need for the apexi... TPS, Speed and RPM.

the tps is the middle wire of the white connector across from the cable for the throttle body. the easiest way to get the speed sensor is to take out the airbox. ontop of the transmission you'll find a small split loom leading to a big one. look inside the small one, you should find 4 wires, one is a white wire with orange stripe. thats the speed. for RPM i used the cam sensor instead of the crank sensor (easier to get to) the connector for it is on the right side of the cam. i forget which wire # it is but its the mostly yellow wire. just make sure to set the apexi for 8 cylinders and it will read the correct rpm.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Wasp,

I ran into that problem. I dont want to change my settings on the eo1 to 8cyl because then when IM ready to hook up my injectors and ignition control, it will not fuction correctly. I tried the Crank and the came but it was not a happy camper for me. Looks like im screwed and will have to make an actual frequency doubler and use the ignition coil.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
The reason its at half the signal rate is because there are actually two cylinders firing at the same time even though one is actually in the compression stroke.

In stead of having a total of 4 coils, you can get away with only 2 coils. So when its time for #1 cyl to fire, #4 (not sure which one) will fire also but it does not really affect anything cause its probly done during the exhaust stroke.

If you use some diodes, you can connect your tach sensor wire for your afc etc to both ignition wires. YOu will need to diode isolate them though so you dont have the ignition go crazy.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
diode thing should be pretty easy.

as far as why i used the cam sensor? easier to get to. it spins half as fast thats why i doubled to 8cyl. perhaps your EBC doesnt read the same way the apexi does. i will try the crank sensor sometime when i have time to dig it out and let you know what happens.

i tried going off the coil at one point, didnt work for me, read some crazy numbers.. like 3000+ rpm at idle

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hows the AFC working with respect to the Tach signal? Will the MSD Tach driver help you out, that drolander just posted about? Can the AFC read the signal the MSD Tach driver produces?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm not running the afc.

as far as the tach signal i'm now using the black gray line from the coil pack, but it runs at half so the AVC-r is set to 2 cylinders, much more stable rpm than the cam signal.

·
Registered
565 Posts
OOPS, may bad. :oops: Just saw APEX-i and automatically thought AFC. Didn't see the ebc. either way, I wonder if that would work for your application. But, if your getting a steady signal then all is good.

Thanx.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.