Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Big turbo, FBO, E85
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have stock wheels on my car, but i was looking at some wheels. They look pretty identical to the ACR wheels. My questions is will they rub? Or will they fit just enough?

Width: 16x6.5
Offset: +42mm
Bolt pattern: 5x100

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
I currently have stock wheels on my car, but i was looking at some wheels. They look pretty identical to the ACR wheels. My questions is will they rub? Or will they fit just enough?

Width: 16x6.5
Offset: +42mm
Bolt pattern: 5x100
It's going to be hard to tell., You'll need to mount them and see if it clears the calipers. If not you might need a small spacer to push the wheel out. The answer is in the Wheel & Tire Tech Thread, The WHEEL & TIRE TECH Thread

What offset do I need if I purchase aftermarket wheels for my SRT-4?

This is dependent on numerous variables such as wheel width, wheel diameter and tire size but generally speaking offsets in the range of 35mm to 45mm will work. An offset lower than 35mm will place the wheel out and past the fender and an offset higher than 45mm will place the wheel too far inwards making it come into contact with the brake calipers and/or suspension. Please note that the spoke design of a wheel plays an important role in determining fitment on higher offsets such as wheels with a 42mm or 45mm because they come into close contact with the front brake calipers. The rear brake calipers do not have this issue because of their smaller size and design. To avoid any clearance issues it is recommended that you find a wheel with an offset between 35-40mm. This is more or less just playing it safe so you don't buy a set of new wheels only to find out that they don't clear the front calipers. On that same note this does not imply that a wheel with a 42 or 45mm offset will not fit over the calipers. It will all depend on the spoke design of that particular wheel. There are plenty of wheels with a 42mm or 45mm offset that fit but there are also just as many that do not. It's always best to search the forums to see if another member has fitted a particular wheel of your interest.

Okay, I'm ready to buy some new wheels but how do I know which offset works with the wheel size I want?

As stated previously, there are many variables that come into play. Use the following as your guide for determining offset. This applies to 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 inch wheels:

• 7.0-7.5 inch wide wheels generally fit with offsets of 35-40mm.see prior paragraph regarding exceptions noted in red
  • 8.0 inch wide wheels will generally fit with offsets of 35-38mm with some wheels fitting with 40mm offset on coilovers. When going to a wider wheel the problem isn't so much clearance with the calipers but rather tire clearance with the stock struts and transmission case.
  • 8.5 inch wide wheels will require a 35mm offset on stock struts. On coilovers, 35-38mm.
  • 9.0 & up inch wide wheels are too wide for the car and have not been proven to fit.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
i think they will, depends on tires size too. i am sure there is a thread somewhere about the vw wheels

1 - 3 of 3 Posts