Dodge SRT Forum banner

Will these tires fit?

1K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  AceGaming 
#1 · (Edited)
I’m looking at getting XXR 527 17x8.25 35 on my current setup. I have 205 tires on stock wheels on BC Coilovers with no rubbing at all and was wondering if I could go a little bigger on the tires to 225, 235, or even 245 all the way around or if that would cause rubbing issues. Or if I should just stick to 205’s on the new wheels. I rarely have wheelspin on these tires with the current power I’m making and I don’t plan on making much more power.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
The widest in range / completely safe width wheel for our stock tires is a 7.5 wheel unless you want to stretch it and be potentially unsafe.

I run our 205 stock tire size on a 7.5 wheel with a +38 offset with coilovers a bit lower than yours. My front rubs on rare occasions on big bumps, but not bad 99% of the time.

With your mentioned setup, the wheels will stick out further than my setup due to the slightly lower offset and wider wheel.

If you go this route, I recommend you do a 225 tire at least and likely plan on rolling the fenders. Hope that helps.

#3 ·
The widest in range / completely safe width wheel for our stock tires is a 7.5 wheel unless you want to stretch it and be potentially unsafe.

I run our 205 stock tire size on a 7.5 wheel with a +38 offset with coilovers a bit lower than yours. My front rubs on rare occasions on big bumps, but not bad 99% of the time.

With your mentioned setup, the wheels will stick out further than my setup due to the slightly lower offset and wider wheel.

If you go this route, I recommend you do a 225 tire at least and likely plan on rolling the fenders. Hope that helps.
So I found the same wheels as a 7.5. Would I still roll the fenders on 225 tires with that setup?

#13 ·
It’s a great day getting new wheels mounted up!! Especially with some wider meat on them 👍🏻.

I was going to ask about your calipers since I just noticed they are silver or a polished look. Are those the OEM ones that you painted or polished, or aftermarket?
They’re remanufactured Autozone ones. They came silver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.