Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well they have many parts for the focus, cavalier :roll:, and the neon. i am positive that there will be many people making stuff for the srt-4.

·
Registered
484 Posts
just remember that it comes with a mitsubishi 16G turbo...very easy to upgrade

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I'm a DSMer right now, and since it comes with a 16g that means that a 20 or 25G will bolt directly to the mani, provided it fits between the firewall.... I am seeing, 300hp on the stock motor, and turbo, and up to 400 with minimal mods in my crystal ball. Hell, if I have to I will pitch a tent outside my local dealer to get one of these cars. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
they said that it will handle 500 whp with stock internals, since everything is forged and heavy duty. oil squirters on the pistons is nice too. add an aftermarket oil cooler.....mmmmmm... can not wait for this car.

·
Registered
449 Posts
NJ StreetRacing said:
just remember that it comes with a mitsubishi 16G turbo...very easy to upgrade
In this case it won't be all that easy to upgrade since the exhaust manifold, turbo, BOV, and wastegate are basically all one piece. It won't be long before the aftermarket has a different exhaust manifold, so maybe I guess it will be relatively easy, but quite pricey.

·
Registered
22 Posts
pricing of MOPAR upgrades

Has anyone seen price points for the 3 stages of the upgrades that MOPAR is offering?

Can a person order stage 3 kit and install it themselves? Would the company require proof that you are going to be racing it?

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
the dealer will have to install them, they need to play with the ecu.

·
Registered
22 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
the dealer will have to install them, they need to play with the ecu.
Hmm... Catch 22.

Stage 3 not legal for street."Racing use only." So you buy it, they install it and then some of your warranty goes away because they don't cover "racing" uses. Bummer.

Well stage 2 sounds fine as a fallback I suppose.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
none of the stages are covered under warranty. so play at your own risk. i doubt you will have any problems, but you never know. first year vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
not covered!

lifeisdeath said:
none of the stages are covered under warranty. so play at your own risk. i doubt you will have any problems, but you never know. first year vehicle.
OOh ultra bummer! I don't know where I got the impression that the stage 1 and 2 would be covered by Dodge or MOPAR warranty.

Well maybe I'll wait to install the upgrades after the powertrain warranty is over.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Get to be good buddies with your local DC dealership's
service manager. Some dealerships have been known
to still service modified cars under warranty -- probably
assuming that they are not too modified. :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i wouldnt wait until the powertrain warranty is up. its 7/70000. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Puting performance stuff on your car doesn't in itself void your warranty. The perfomance part causing something to break voids your warranty on that thing that breaks. BTW I was told that the turbo isn't considerd part of the Powertrain so it won't be coverd, anyone else here that from thier dealer also?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
10 Participants
daytonagts
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing