Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets see if anyone can help....

i have an agp wastegate its about 2 years old and i bought it used from somebody about 1 year and a half ago.i can only hold 11 psi till redline and my boost in 1st gear is 12psi and 2nd gear is 17psi and third gear is 15psi and 4th gear is 18 psi didnt get a chance to see what 5th is. ok i have no ebc and i have done the tuning with just the wastegate. why is the boost going up and down through the gears? does any one think i need the new agp wastegate? map clamp? also i am having my car checked for leaks on sunday by big D. please any one help.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
04srt4lvr said:
Ok lets see if anyone can help....

i have an agp wastegate its about 2 years old and i bought it used from somebody about 1 year and a half ago.i can only hold 11 psi till redline and my boost in 1st gear is 12psi and 2nd gear is 17psi and third gear is 15psi and 4th gear is 18 psi didnt get a chance to see what 5th is. ok i have no ebc and i have done the tuning with just the wastegate. why is the boost going up and down through the gears? does any one think i need the new agp wastegate? map clamp? also i am having my car checked for leaks on sunday by big D. please any one help.
Yeah bro, the first thing that comes to my head is buy a brand new wastegate. I'm not sure about the mapclamp but luke knows more than me so talk to him. But i take one look at it and tell you if it's adjusted right :cow:

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
LOL, no need to buy a new WGA man! :readclose

You're boost is going to fluctuate like that throughout the gears, that's normal! Unless you buy an EBC and even/tune it out...

Did you cap off the stock "green" and "black" lines when you installed the WGA or not?

Also, a mapclamp has nothing to do with what your boosting! It is used when you boost too much, and your car hits fuel cut. You then use the mapclamp to manipulate the voltage the MAP sensor is sending to the PCM, and it "fakes" out the PCM into seeing lower boost, when you're really boosting higher. Thus, your leaning out/taking away fuel from the car. It's a tuning device, used to tune out the A/F ratio in the car as well! Think of it as a cheap SAFC-II, E-01, DTEC, etc!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah there capped off. thats was i was thinking..time forr a new one. thats what i get for buying used. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
04srt4lvr said:
yeah there capped off. thats was i was thinking..time forr a new one. thats what i get for buying used. :lol:
Did you read my post? You don't need to buy a new one, that's normal! With just a WGA on there, your boost is going to spike and fluctuate throughout the gears! If you want to boost more, tighten the nuts closer together. If you want to even out your boost more, then buy an EBC...

You will boost the lowest in 1st gear, you will boost more in 2nd than 1st, you will boost more in 3rd than 2nd, you will boost more in 4th than 3rd, and you will either boost more or equal in 5th than 4th. You will also hold the most boost from 3rd gear on up as well...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WhiteRob1984 said:
Did you read my post? You don't need to buy a new one, that's normal! With just a WGA on there, your boost is going to spike and fluctuate throughout the gears! If you want to boost more, tighten the nuts closer together. If you want to even out your boost more, then buy an EBC...

You will boost the lowest in 1st gear, you will boost more in 2nd than 1st, you will boost more in 3rd than 2nd, you will boost more in 4th than 3rd, and you will either boost more or equal in 5th than 4th. You will also hold the most boost from 3rd gear on up as well...
sorry i was speed reading. i hold more in 2nd than i do in third thats wierd. its been a little different since the fire. man i need a boost controller. also is a map clap nessasary? my wideband should be in soon so i can moniter my a/f.with a new fuel pump whats the max safest psi i could run and do i need bigger injectors to do it?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok another thing just now i was in my car and if i granny shift i get full boost 17-18 in 3,4, and 5. but if i power shift i get 15 :eeeek: :flame:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
04srt4lvr said:
ok another thing just now i was in my car and if i granny shift i get full boost 17-18 in 3,4, and 5. but if i power shift i get 15 :eeeek: :flame:

That is normal, That happen to me too. I dod stage 1, so i hold boost on WOT shifts, that means the turbo is always spool up when WTO shifting, so your spike will not go high.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Might also have a boost leak. I don't think he's ever done a leak test on his car.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quiXilver said:
Might also have a boost leak. I don't think he's ever done a leak test on his car.
no i haven't but big d is taking care of that tomorrow. this morning i was driving to work and 1st and 2nd i was shifting good hitting about 16 psi and in third it shot up to 19 psi . needless to say i backed off extremly quick b/c i didnt want to blow it up. i cant wait till i get my wideband to make sure everything is ok with my a/f.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Yea, I'm starting to think you have a boost leak myself!

The boost sounds like it's bleeding off somewhere, and that's why you're seeing the high spikes...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WhiteRob1984 said:
Yea, I'm starting to think you have a boost leak myself!

The boost sounds like it's bleeding off somewhere, and that's why you're seeing the high spikes...
.....sigh :buah:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts