Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would/Could you guys produce a guage for wideband. I would guess it does not necisarily have to come with the sensor. I am trying to keep all 3 of my gauges the same in pod...the wideband is the one I am missing!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Neondog82 said:
Would/Could you guys produce a guage for wideband. I would guess it does not necisarily have to come with the sensor. I am trying to keep all 3 of my gauges the same in pod...the wideband is the one I am missing!
I believe there will be something available shortly. I would wait until the end of the month if I were you. ( a little birdy told me).

Myk

Above The Law Performance
Any Questions Feel free to Message me:thumbsup:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Neondog82 said:
Did the birdy tell you how much and if it comes with a sensor or not?
Will be around or less than the AEM UEGO (Analong output) with a Innovative LC1 sensor (digital output, which is a Bosch sensor) included... oh did I mention only one bung needed.........

PM me for questions regarding Tech Gauges or PTPerformance Products

Myk @ Above The Law Performance

·
Registered
481 Posts
Neondog82 said:

P.S. Where am I able to purchase as "ass" like that of in your signature.... lol:thumbsup:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EXDSMER said:
Neondog82 said:

P.S. Where am I able to purchase as "ass" like that of in your signature.... lol:thumbsup:
Those things are exspensive, you dont want one! I am still paying on it and never gets cheaper. Its my wife:clap:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Neondog82 said:
EXDSMER said:
Neondog82 said:

Those things are exspensive, you dont want one! I am still paying on it and never gets cheaper. Its my wife:clap:
Welp.... I would have to agree with that statement above.

We are currently evaluating and LC1 as the basis for a "possible" wideband unit.

This WILL NOT use A/D inputs at the Gauge -- since ground offsets can easily produce innaccurate results.

We are working on local A/D conversion directly at the LC1 and then sending a serial datastream directly to the TechGauge.

The best accuracy is afforded by doing the A/D as close to the signal source as possible and then using digital [ serial data stream ] to send the information to the gauge.

Hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the information you guys are giving me, i cant wait to get one. Do you think i could have one by the end of July? just gauging what and when to buy my parts!

·
Registered
16 Posts
MEBERTD said:
Neondog82 said:
EXDSMER said:
Neondog82 said:

Welp.... I would have to agree with that statement above.

We are currently evaluating and LC1 as the basis for a "possible" wideband unit.

This WILL NOT use A/D inputs at the Gauge -- since ground offsets can easily produce innaccurate results.

We are working on local A/D conversion directly at the LC1 and then sending a serial datastream directly to the TechGauge.

The best accuracy is afforded by doing the A/D as close to the signal source as possible and then using digital [ serial data stream ] to send the information to the gauge.

Hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

Is there a MAP gauge in the future for those of us using a map clamp? What will it cost?

·
Registered
197 Posts
TechGauge MAP gauge for those using a MAP clamp

Hmm... it seems that some of you are clairvoyant :thumbsup:

We JUST received our -30 Inches of Vacuum to + 40 PSI MAP sensor that we are planning to offer as an add-on to those using our TechGauge products.

This will allow our customers to measure "True MAP" even if they are using a MAP clamp.

Actually, we are VERY busy with several items for the TechGauge line.

In addition to our "True MAP" product -- which will allow readings of 30 Inches of Vacuum to + 40 PSI of boost -- we are also working on a MAP Clamp that uses a direct "Dial In" Clamp voltage. This unit will allow precise setting of the MAP clamp voltage without using a multi-turn potentiometer [ resistor ]. Simply set the rotary switch directly to say 3.7 VDC and that is precisely what voltage will be output.

I don't want to get too far ahead of where we are progressing with our products. Let's just say that MANY items will be released in the next 4-6 weeks.

Best regards,

Bob Weiland

Techgauges

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
so no more news on the birdies? ..
i was planning on purchasing the aem uego gauge .. and buying one of you guys 3 mode gauge .. now that you are coming with wideband i just might as well make my car look prettier by getting them both from you ..
let me know man
thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
selp said:
i was planning on purchasing the aem uego gauge .. and buying one of you guys 3 mode gauge .. now that you are coming with wideband i just might as well make my car look prettier by getting them both from you ..
let me know man
thanks
Hi,

We are developing a WIDEBAND unit using the LC-1 from Innovate. We do a A/D conversion at the cable and then send a digital data stream to our Gauge. This removes offset voltages do to ground offsets.

If you read the Innovate website -- you will see that MANY of the problems that can be associated with their cable are the result of ground offsets -- which we eliminate with our design.

We are also developing "modules" for use with the AEM Uego and PLX units.

Our products will be Plug-N-Play and NOT require complicated "slope adjustments" -- since we will do the slope compensation in the TechGauge module.

Stay tuned as we complete our evaluation of these NEW TechGauge products and bring them to market.

Best regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
MEBERTD said:
selp said:
let me know man
thanks
Hi,

We are developing a WIDEBAND unit using the LC-1 from Innovate. We do a A/D conversion at the cable and then send a digital data stream to our Gauge. This removes offset voltages do to ground offsets.

If you read the Innovate website -- you will see that MANY of the problems that can be associated with their cable are the result of ground offsets -- which we eliminate with our design.

We are also developing "modules" for use with the AEM Uego and PLX units.

Our products will be Plug-N-Play and NOT require complicated "slope adjustments" -- since we will do the slope compensation in the TechGauge module.

Stay tuned as we complete our evaluation of these NEW TechGauge products and bring them to market.

Best regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges
hey bob .. yeah .. i live in tucson, so you might know justin, im going to get in touch with him to ask him about some stuff and which gauges he recommends.. something else i wanted to ask you is ..
will the wideband come in a complete kit? .. or some on-the-side purchase/add-on will be required? how long do you think it might take you to develop/evaluate this product? ..
im willing to buy one once it comes out.
thanks
sergio

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^I'm with that guy. I want the first one you sell! Should I go ahead and by the wideband sensor or will your kit ship with the gauge and the sensor?

·
Registered
197 Posts
TechGauge Wideband

Neondog82 said:
^^I'm with that guy. I want the first one you sell! Should I go ahead and by the wideband sensor or will your kit ship with the gauge and the sensor?
TechGauge will be offering the Wideband product as a complete unit which will include the LC-1 cable/O2 controller and the BOSH sensor.

Since we will modify the LC-1 cable slightly, we recommend that you purchase the complete kit ready to go [ Plug-N-Play ] from us.

We should be priced competitively with the popular AEM Uego product. Our goal is to offer one of the BEST wideband units currently available and at the BEST pricing.

If you purchase the LC-1 by itself -- you will pay "about" $ 190-200 .

We will be marketing our entire product INCLUDING the LC-1 for "about" $ 230.00.

Yep that is correct $ 230.00.:clap:

Final pricing is not yet set --- but this is our goal.

We are also developing a Heat sink/bung adapter to allow our wideband to be used in the stock O2 location.

Heat is the main reason that most manufacturers require that their Wideband sensor be located at least 10 inches away from the exhaust manifold. This generally requires an aftermarket downpipe or "test pipe" to position the sensor far enough away from the exhaust manifold to reduce excessive heat to the O2 sensor. By using a Heatsink/bung adapter -- and therefore keeping the sensor below approximately 900 F -- the LC-1 heater control unit is able to keep the Bosh sensor in its optimal temperature opertaing range.

Our Heatsink/bung adapter will also be internally ported to ensure that the exhaust gas velocity is reduced at the sensor tip for the most accurate readings.

This is another reason most manufacturers recommend placing the sensor at least 10 inches away from the exhaust manifold. They are trying to minimize the turbulence of the exhaust gas flow to allow their sensors to get the most accurate measurements.

Our specially-designed Heatsink/bung adapter is currently under development along with our Wideband Gauge.

There will be an extra charge for the TechGauge Heatsink/bung adapter for those that wish to use the stock O2 sensor location but again -- we will price this VERY competitively compared to other similar heatsinks on the market for this type of application.

We are "probably" six weeks out on the TechGauge Wideband product.

Local Tucson evaluators are welcome to contact me privately if they are interested in providing protoype evaluation of this TechGauge Wideband product.:readclose

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

Techgauges

·
Registered
481 Posts
Neondog82 said:
Get in line... I was promised on of the first units for testing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Going back in time ?

EXDSMER said:
Neondog82 said:
Get in line... I was promised on of the first units for testing.:thumbsup:
Welp.... I would LOVE to go back in time. My SRT-4 got rear ended -- my Grand Prix GTP [ Supercharged 3800 with 10 PSI of boost ] got stolen. Police found it but.... the cylinder head gaskets got blown. Cost me $ 1800 to have fixed. Then.... my son had some "problems" with the law.

All this in three days !

How much for the Flux capacitors to take me back in time about a week ?

I'd pay PLENTY :clap:

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

·
Registered
197 Posts
MAP Gauge for those using MAP clamp

[/QUOTE]Is there a MAP gauge in the future for those of us using a map clamp? What will it cost?[/QUOTE]

YES -- We are developing a "True MAP" sensor that simply plugs in to our TechLogger product using our standard Ultra-thin cable. Basically, this will be a small Plug-N-Play unit that will allow those with MAP clamps to get a "True" reading of their MAP [ Boost and Vacuum ].

As with our current MAP gauges -- this will Auto-Calibrate to remove errors for altitude etc. It will also display in conventional units of inches of Mercury for vacuum and PSI for BOOST.

See the post by Tom Anderson that shows that a non-calibrated MAP gauge can be off by as much as 2.5 PSI at 5,000 ft elevation.

Probably of most interest for those in Denver or other "Mile High" locations.

We designed our original Techgauges with this auto-calibrate feature and will continue this feature in our "True MAP" sensor.

We will also add a BOOST set feature.

This will allow the customer to pre-set a BOOST level that will FLASH the TechLogger when this pre-set BOOST level has been exceeded.

We anticipate that this will be useful for those with "street" and "Race" trims that want to be certain they are NOT exceeding their "street" BOOST levels. :hi:

Pricing is not yet set but... Our product should be affordable -- VERY easy to install and Accurate.

Hope this answers your questions.

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

·
Registered
197 Posts
TechGauge Wideband O2 update

Neondog82 said:
Is it time yet?
Well.... here is our Mechanical Engineer's 3D drawing of our O2 Bung. Note that the finned area will be Copper with a Black Oxide coating. Base material will be Stainless Steel.

This combination of Black Oxide over Copper will dramtically increase the
emissivity [ heat radiating properties ] of the design.:rofl:

We have the first Printed wiring boards for the electronics on order.

So... we are moving forward with the design.

Our design goal is a Plug N Play unit that will fit in the STOCK O2 sensor location AND provide Both a narrowband feedback to the ECU along with a digital stream to the TechGauge.

No analog inputs at the TechGauge [ prone to voltage offsets and ground loops ] but rather local A/D conversion and a digital stream to the gauge. Auto slope conversion in the sensing electronics will prevent the user from needing to input slope information.

The design will also provide PC/Laptop monitoring of Real-Time O2 readings.

To properly impliment the design requires a "bit" of time. :crying:

We are moving forward and appreciate your inquiry about our product's status.

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

1 - 20 of 168 Posts