Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
all you guys that are buying this stop! there is no reason at all unless you dont want an intake , with any of the cold air intakes you hear the turbo spool and release air from the valve JUST AS LOUD! w/out any leaking problems or installation woes, why waste your money jeez, you can only loose power not gain power with it...................someone say something if they think im wrong
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
because i like it, its 65 bucks, and i got it when there were only 2 mods ont he market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LTLVIPR said:
because i like it, its 65 bucks, and i got it when there were only 2 mods ont he market.
you will like an intake more because you will get a little power with the sound and no leaks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,897 Posts
feigecycleturbo said:
all you guys that are buying this stop! there is no reason at all unless you dont want an intake , with any of the cold air intakes you hear the turbo spool and release air from the valve JUST AS LOUD! w/out any leaking problems or installation woes, why waste your money jeez...................someone say something if they think im wrong
:gay: :gay: :gay:

Im sure you put something on your car at one point that someone doesn't like it. Shut up and sit down.

Its a cheap mod, when its installed correctly it doesn't leak, and it sounds bitchin underboost.

Most of us don't make a bunch of money to afford a hard pipe kit and a bov, maybe we just dont want it at this time.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
176 Posts
feigecycleturbo said:
all you guys that are buying this stop! there is no reason at all unless you dont want an intake , with any of the cold air intakes you hear the turbo spool and release air from the valve JUST AS LOUD! w/out any leaking problems or installation woes, why waste your money jeez, it can only take away hp from your car...................someone say something if they think im wrong
Please explain to me, with VALID statistics, that a Mopar BOV will take horsepower away from a STOCK car? I get annoyed with people spouting off because of their OPINION, but have no SOLID facts. As soon as you show me PROOF that it makes me lose HP, then ill remove it. Until then, I will enjoy mine, as I got it for cheap, has no leaks, and sounds great.

Peace.

<opinion>
Why would you buy a car with the Kicker sound system? The sound system sucks and money could be better spent on something that sounds good
</opinion>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
uh..i have the K&N intake..........

Just let it go bud.

If you dont like it, to each his own

But you got to be careful making bogus claims like that

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Yup, no leaks here at all and no performance loss...get educated before you start talking down on something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
i smell a troll :gay:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,905 Posts
because its $60
because it can handle leaks up to 19-20 lbs of boost (stock boost gauge)
because it's loud and makes ricers jealous
because hot/cold pipe installs are a pain, not always a perfect fit, and can leak as well.
the mopar bov, in installed incorrectly, can result in this too.
so you tell me....$300 for a bov .... or $300 for a mopar bov, intake and motor mount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
esartee for said:
Please explain to me, with VALID statistics, that a Mopar BOV will take horsepower away from a STOCK car? I get annoyed with people spouting off because of their OPINION, but have no SOLID facts. As soon as you show me PROOF that it makes me lose HP, then ill remove it. Until then, I will enjoy mine, as I got it for cheap, has no leaks, and sounds great.

Peace.

<opinion>
Why would you buy a car with the Kicker sound system? The sound system sucks and money could be better spent on something that sounds good
</opinion>
I JUST EDITED MY POST
your right about the soundsystem its not that great but it was already on my car at the dealership so i just got it, i wouldnt have ordered it, i didnt mean that the bov will take away hp i meant theres a chance it could, but it cannot give you power

so im still right
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
srt4turbo04 said:
Yup, no leaks here at all and no performance loss...get educated before you start talking down on something.
i am educated what school do you go to, I CORRECTED MY POST
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
176 Posts
no one ever made the claim they were making power with the Mopar BOV, so you are arguing with yourself on that one. You still have no point, and you are not right...you are opinionated

try again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
esartee for said:
<opinion>
Why would you buy a car with the Kicker sound system? The sound system sucks and money could be better spent on something that sounds good
</opinion>
I have the kicker option, I wanted the six disc changer and the upgraded component speakers. I like it, it suits me fine. It doesn't really beat up or anything but the sound is very well balanced which I like more. Believe me it certainly doesn't suck. Just my opinion though :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Soccer69er said:
because its $60
because it can handle leaks up to 19-20 lbs of boost (stock boost gauge)
because it's loud and makes ricers jealous
because hot/cold pipe installs are a pain, not always a perfect fit, and can leak as well.
the mopar bov, in installed incorrectly, can result in this too.
so you tell me....$300 for a bov .... or $300 for a mopar bov, intake and motor mount.
THE VALVE IS GOOD IM NOT DOUBTING THAT ALL IM TRYING TO SAY IS BASICALLY ITS A WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME AND ALSO A RISK IF YOUR GETTING AN INTAKE ANYWAY OR ALREADY HAVE ONE, the valve wont perform any better if you convert it to a bov, all other things aside just audio quality an intake will sound the same as the bov plate! its the same valve, plus you hear spooling and get maybe a couple ponies
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
feigecycleturbo said:
i am educated what school do you go to, I CORRECTED MY POST
I posted that before you edited your first post when you claimed it took away HP, thanks for changing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no worries my bad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess all im trying to convey on the topic is why go through the trouble of installing the plate, buying it, risking warranty issues, possible leaks, no added performance.......when you can just buy a cold air intake and hear the car spool up which sounds cool and blow off just as loud as getting the conversion,,,plus you may get some power! do you guys just like saying i have a bov? Ive just read so many posts about uneccessary issues with this part when you can get the same good qualities plus more and none of the bad qualities if you just get an intake! honestly not trying to be a dick just want to start a discussion of what I think is a good point
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
just my .02 cents

i didnt get the mopar bov, i got the Injen intake. u can hear my car almost as loud, if not just as loud as the mopar bov and i dont have to worry bout leaks, replacing the gasket (which will need replacing eventually), etc... plus the intake provides power gains.

if u plan on running stock boost then there is absolutely nothing wrong with the mopar bov. if u plan on running 17, 18, 19, 20psi, then the mopar bov just can't handle it. it works, but eventually it will start to leak as my friend with an 04 e-blue SRT is finding out now. and obviously its necessary with a turbo upgrade since its integrated to the turbo.

so, i would say that the mopar bov is a good first mod, but i would recommend a 3" intake since it is the most bang for ur buck....power and bling! the Mopar BOV Conversion on a completely stock SRT does increase the turbo spool-up supposedly so its not a completely useless mod.

once again thats my opinion. i couldnt afford the hardpipes and external HKS Bov or any BOV. so i researched, and when it came down to it, i chose the intake and am very happy with my decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,564 Posts
I would buy and have bought the mopar bov because it is very sexy and excites me.
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top