Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i never understood this ... people aim for certain horsepower, for instance there's a thread that someone wants 420whp .... WHY? srsly, what's the point of aiming for a certain hp?

if you want power just strap on a big turbo or stage 3 ... if that's not fast enough for you then throw on a bigger turbo .... what's the point of saying "i want 420whp"? ... do the hp numbers really that much? it's more of a way to brag and say "look at me im a dyno queen ****" ... IMHO, track times show more about the car & driver than any dyno numbers will ever show

i hear people all the time saying "i want 350-360hp" .... how the fuck did you come up with 350 or 360 hp? is that your favorite number or something?

:ftard: <--- people aiming for certain hp

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
somebody please explain this to me .... bc i might have a problem, my favorite number is 43 so i guess im going to aim for 43 hp :ftard:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
LOL i always thought about that too... and to be honest there is no difference between "350hp and 450hp" like they say..... u wont get traction anyways lol

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
uncommon said:
it's more of a way to brag and say "look at me im a dyno queen ****"
that's exactly why. and if the guy behind the wheel can't do anything with that power it doesn't matter if you have 40 or 400 :jester: +1 for et's being better

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
It helps make ones life meaningful by creating an actual "goal" in life. I personally would not be able to get up in the morning if I didn't set a goal of 261.7RWHP...

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
lol no kidding nate, when i saw the 430whp thread i was thinking the same thing...

that being said my goal is 393.23 horsepower and 401.9 torque.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
BTR said:
lol no kidding nate, when i saw the 430whp thread i was thinking the same thing...

that being said my goal is 393.23 horsepower and 401.9 torque.

My goal is better :hi:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
haha,your points are right.
i say i aim for 400 cause that an average number 50trims make.
but sometimes its more sometimes its less.besides soemone bragging about making 350hp dosent sound good as someone making 400+hp.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well my goal is 400 whp or as close to it as I can get. My reason for it, is that according to my calculations, that is the the approximate amount of whp that I will need to get my car into the high 11's (keep in mind I have a big Sebring Sedan, not a little SRT-4). I do not want to go faster than an 11.49, because I don't want to put a roll bar in my car. The fastest car last year for the sport compact class at the local track was an old VW Beetle that ran almost a 12 flat. So if I can get my car in the 11.5 to 11.99 range, I'll have the fastest sport compact in Montana. About 400whp is what I figure I need for this.

If you're basing your HP goal off of your favorite number, and your favorite number is 43, maybe you should add a 0 to it. :jester: I'd be screwed if I went off my favorite number, 'cause my favorite number is 2. Adding a 0 isn't enough, adding two 0's isn't enough, and adding three 0's would just be unrealistic.

Maybe I should go for 2222 whp. :jester:

·
Registered
721 Posts
SebringLX said:
Well my goal is 400 whp or as close to it as I can get. My reason for it, is that according to my calculations, that is the the approximate amount of whp that I will need to get my car into the high 11's (keep in mind I have a big Sebring Sedan, not a little SRT-4). I do not want to go faster than an 11.49, because I don't want to put a roll bar in my car. The fastest car last year for the sport compact class at the local track was an old VW Beetle that ran almost a 12 flat. So if I can get my car in the 11.5 to 11.99 range, I'll have the fastest sport compact in Montana. About 400whp is what I figure I need for this.

If you're basing your HP goal off of your favorite number, and your favorite number is 43, maybe you should add a 0 to it. :jester: I'd be screwed if I went off my favorite number, 'cause my favorite number is 2. Adding a 0 isn't enough, adding two 0's isn't enough, and adding three 0's would just be unrealistic.

Maybe I should go for 2222 whp. :jester:
Once you get there for your 11.5s some kid in a civic will be running 10s. Life.

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
3,046 Posts
uncommon said:
somebody please explain this to me .... bc i might have a problem, my favorite number is 43 so i guess im going to aim for 43 hp :ftard:
nah man... see you're doing it wrong! If 43 is your favorite number than you just add that to your current hp and that's your goal. So if you're close to 260 right now your goal should be 303...duh.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
[vu]juan said:
uncommon said:
nah man... see you're doing it wrong! If 43 is your favorite number than you just add that to your current hp and that's your goal. So if you're close to 260 right now your goal should be 303...duh.
True. . .
but don't you think he'd be pissed if he only had 303 whp in a big turbo srt :readclose

:rofl:

·
Registered
114 Posts
uncommon said:
i never understood this ... people aim for certain horsepower, for instance there's a thread that someone wants 420whp .... WHY? srsly, what's the point of aiming for a certain hp?

if you want power just strap on a big turbo or stage 3 ... if that's not fast enough for you then throw on a bigger turbo .... what's the point of saying "i want 420whp"? ... do the hp numbers really that much? it's more of a way to brag and say "look at me im a dyno queen ****" ... IMHO, track times show more about the car & driver than any dyno numbers will ever show

i hear people all the time saying "i want 350-360hp" .... how the fuck did you come up with 350 or 360 hp? is that your favorite number or something?

:ftard: <--- people aiming for certain hp

The answer for this is very simple.

How much can you bench? I bet I can bench more than you.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts