Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Hoping to get some good feedback.

Car is a stage 3 with all the normal bolt on's.. has run a best of 11.43 @ 125.74... looking for a bit more. Car will still be a daily driver and want it to have a chance at passing an emissions test.

Who's head should i go with? What kind of gains can I expect?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,007 Posts
dcr pro sseries. i just ordered the pro series head, and along with a realtune external wga manifold, aem ems, and will likely be using a stroker motor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
JMB Performace sells ported heads with bigger valves in them and i think they said you can see gains of 25-35 hp andi think thats with stock cams but not for sure on that but its the cheapest pnp head with bigger valves i have found yet i am in the process of saving money for there ported head i also talked to another guy that bought one from them and said it was a very nice head and very well worth the money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,715 Posts
prety sure I read some where dcr's head can see gains up to 100hp, not sure on that though.......I would call DCR first though and then everyone else, performance wise they are the best, price wise........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
DCR pro series for sure. I have some crane 16's f/s if you want them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,007 Posts
i have crane 16's in mine as well, run those for your stage 3 set up, there great, nice lope and tons of top end,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,184 Posts
With the Nov. discount you can save big on our DCR Pro Series Head :eveilgrin .
Pm me for your discount :thumbsup: .

Later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
darrell cox said:
With the Nov. discount you can save big on our DCR Pro Series Head :eveilgrin .
Pm me for your discount :thumbsup: .

Later

Isn't the pro series too much for a DAILY DRIVER?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,946 Posts
Is a pro series worth it when you leave the bottom end alone, shooting for sub 400hp levels? What about sending his stage 3 components in to get worked over?

BTW lope is not what keeps your emissions legal by any means. The 16's sound badass but "badass" makes you quite the attention whore. I got pulled over by 2 motorcycle cops who SMELLED my car, and i had a high flow 3" cat on my car. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,184 Posts
Not at all...all of our cylinder heads are true performers and all are intended for street, strip, road coarse etc. All of our customers are street driven SRT-4s and most choose the DCR Pro Series :eveilgrin !

If you want the best.... we have it :readclose

Later
 

·
Retired Member
Joined
·
11,452 Posts
To the original poster almost a year and a 1/2 ago i went with Darrell's lowest option head, crane 16's new rods/pistons and his modification to the Stage 3R turbo. I picked up over 45hp at 6500 RPM. A Dyno Graph is in my signature.

Street ability was still stock like.

Again that was a much less potent Head then his full race head that he offers now.

You won't be disappointed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX said:
To the original poster almost a year and a 1/2 ago i went with Darrell's lowest option head, crane 16's new rods/pistons and his modification to the Stage 3R turbo. I picked up over 45hp at 6500 RPM. A Dyno Graph is in my signature.

Street ability was still stock like.

Again that was a much less potent Head then his full race head that he offers now.

You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the good info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
darrell cox said:
Not at all...all of our cylinder heads are true performers and all are intended for street, strip, road coarse etc. All of our customers are street driven SRT-4s and most choose the DCR Pro Series :eveilgrin !

If you want the best.... we have it :readclose

Later

Will this head be okay using the stock cams?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
DCR, how accurate is this? What else would be needed for this to be true?

madwax said:
prety sure I read some where dcr's head can see gains up to 100hp, not sure on that though.......I would call DCR first though and then everyone else, performance wise they are the best, price wise........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,007 Posts
you might gain 100 whp if your on 37r using a stock head, probably depends on what turbo your using, if you had stage 3, im sure thrwoing on a dcr head, your not going to gain 100 whp, i made 421 with my stage 3 set up and i doub tim gonna get 521 out of it, i would be lucky to get 450whp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,184 Posts
04raw said:
XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX said:
To the original poster almost a year and a 1/2 ago i went with Darrell's lowest option head, crane 16's new rods/pistons and his modification to the Stage 3R turbo. I picked up over 45hp at 6500 RPM. A Dyno Graph is in my signature.

Street ability was still stock like.

Again that was a much less potent Head then his full race head that he offers now.

You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the good info.
Thats right James, lowest option head as compared to the next levels DCR Race Head and DCR Pro Series Head :eveilgrin .

Thanks:thumbsup:
 

·
Retired Member
Joined
·
11,452 Posts
squishy332000 said:
you might gain 100 whp if your on 37r using a stock head, probably depends on what turbo your using, if you had stage 3, im sure thrwoing on a dcr head, your not going to gain 100 whp, i made 421 with my stage 3 set up and i doub tim gonna get 521 out of it, i would be lucky to get 450whp

Maybe not 100 peek horse power, but on a 550hp car, or any EMS car pushing past 6500 RPM I would say your defenetly going to pick up close to 100hp in the higher RPM's


I would defenetly be willing to bet Kevin Van Natten's Red Sled picked up closer to 200 HP at 8300 RPM between his Full Race Head and Cams :readclose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
darrell cox said:
04raw said:
XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX said:
To the original poster almost a year and a 1/2 ago i went with Darrell's lowest option head, crane 16's new rods/pistons and his modification to the Stage 3R turbo. I picked up over 45hp at 6500 RPM. A Dyno Graph is in my signature.

Street ability was still stock like.

Again that was a much less potent Head then his full race head that he offers now.

You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the good info.
Thats right James, lowest option head as compared to the next levels DCR Race Head and DCR Pro Series Head :eveilgrin .

Thanks:thumbsup:

How is the low to mid range going to be with the pro series head? Will it suffer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,184 Posts
04raw said:
darrell cox said:
04raw said:
XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX said:
To the original poster almost a year and a 1/2 ago i went with Darrell's lowest option head, crane 16's new rods/pistons and his modification to the Stage 3R turbo. I picked up over 45hp at 6500 RPM. A Dyno Graph is in my signature.

Street ability was still stock like.

Again that was a much less potent Head then his full race head that he offers now.

You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the good info.
Thats right James, lowest option head as compared to the next levels DCR Race Head and DCR Pro Series Head :eveilgrin .

Thanks:thumbsup:

How is the low to mid range going to be with the pro series head? Will it suffer?
It picks up from off idle to whatever rpm you can generate. Its slight increases on the bottom but gradually builds all the way across the rpm range. Total gains is dependant on each build, mods, and proper tuning.

Thanks:thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top