Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
well, we all know that e blue is the fastest... so how many of you are e blue?
Me. But... mine has the factory painted silver-blue ghost flames. When I first looked at the car, I didn't really like or want them... too retro rat-rod, and nearly hokey to me. But the price was *right and I bought it thinking I'd have the front end repainted to solid E-Blue after I bought it.

Driving it back home to Minnesota, I noticed a lot of people looking at the car then me. It sure as hell couldn't have been because I smelled bad... not with my windows up in early November. It was when I pulled into a Flying J Truck & Auto Stop that an old guy wearing tan flood-waters, a ball cap, and a windbreaker hobbled on over, looked at the car, then turned to me and said "hey daddy-o... that's one koo-koo new Kemp ya got there".

WTF?

He seemed harmless until he opened his yapper, then I got creeped out thinking I might end up like that someday. I got back home late that night and had to look up some of the words he used. Then I understood he was probably an old hot-rodder and might have been complimenting my GT. I decided to keep the flames.

That's also how I met my wife. At the company we both worked at, she would see my E Blue GT with these painted flames sitting in the main parking lot and wonder what kind of person drove such a car. She thought whoever did must have a lot of fun and be very outgoing. It was about a month after her department was relocated to our main building that we met in the parking lot on night after work.

She had decided to park next to my car every day until she met the person who drove it. And here I thought someone was stalking me or scoping out my ride to swipe it. Lol...

* This note: I bought my car on Ebay. There was a 12-way bidding war that I watched dwindle down during the last 2 minutes. When there were 4 seconds left I added my highest bid and beat out the other 3 main bidders. I got my car for exactly $10,550. The blue book value at that time was nearly $24,500 my final bid. Others I'd seen on Ebay had sold for anywhere between $18k to $22k.

That was certainly worth the extra money for the price of a train ticket to Michigan to pick it up, and gasoline to drive it back home.

Regards!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
sorry i'm late to the party. yeah i paid. it's only fair in the end. i've gotten alot of great info on here and given nothing before now. so i ponied up.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
For those of you trying to pad your post count so you can eventually see the for sale section should know they only count one post per thread no matter how many times you answer the thread. :jester:
If that's my case, then based on how verbose my writing style... I'm gonna be writing nearly till Hell freezes over to see that section.

Regards!

·
Registered
18 Posts
PT Cruiser

We have a Black 03, GT Turbo, automatic. Had it since it had 6K and now has a little after 52K. Only issue that we had is a small piece of the intake manifold gasket went missing so one of the cylinders was taking in air from the air box and through the hole...kind of sounded like a steam engine when stepping on the gas. Car drove fine but I did get a check engine light. Dealer repaired under warranty and told me they have never seen a gasket missing from the intake manifold before. They tried to find the piece in the engine but it probably got sucked in and went through the engine. Engine runs perfect. But that happen about 5 to 10K ego so its all good.
Sorry about the long post.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Monkeyboyx,

That would probably have been the lower-to-manifold gasket at the #4 cylinder that blew out. That's actually very common and has been a known problem with the aluminum intakes for over 5 years. I replaced my first intake gasket on my '03 in April '05 at 32.5k. I again replaced it around 60k, then decided to go with the plastic intake.

I doubt the gasket was sucked into the engine... it was probably blown outward and either onto the ground, or is still lurking somewhere in the engine bay's dead zone. You'll probably find it under the starter or battery area, if not the radiator support.

Anyway, welcome aboard. If you feel so inclined, join us over at PTCrew.com too. That site is all PT Cruisers and filled with knowledgeable folk.

Regards!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey is PTCrew down at the moment? I cant seem to get on...
You know... I've been trying to get online with it for the past 20 minutes or so myself. Could be the server is down, the site is being updated, or... CRAP... it bit the dust like all the rest?

I can't believe that would happen without some type of warning though. Of course, Snitty shells out enough of her own money to keep it running and up-to-date. It's time I donate to it... I'd miss it if it went the way of the rest of the PT sites.

Regards!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
since i can't get on PTCrew...
anyone on here know the size of the composite intake manifold bolts?

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.