Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car today!!!!
Almost 400 miles already. Its been a long day...left home since 8AM and just got back at 11PM. I75 took almost 6 hrs coming back, because several people had accidents, one even flipped over.
I will post a detailed review when I have rested but I have to say a few things.

I HAD A LOT OF ATTENTION TODAY. Those who knew what it was gave a nice smile, and several people gave me the its a "fucking dodge neon look"

Anyways I did hit the century MPH several times. I will say this......I HIT 17PSI AND HELD, CONSTANTLY IN 5th gear when I DID WOT, for about 10 sec's at a time....I had to let off since I didnt wanna break 100.

Awesome handling from a stock vehicle. During highway snail traffic my wife said " Youre not shifting as much as before"

Reply: This thing has so much freaking power I can take off in 2nd second without effort.

Later guys!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Nice man, I'm happy for ya. I'm soooo excited counting down the days untill June so i can get mine. I'm near Tampa (Palm Harbor), did you go down to miami to get it? I think i'd be nervous driving a great distand to buy a car...I dunno why, just seems...risky. What color did you get? PM me some pics if you have some

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
cali said:
I got my car today!!!!
Almost 400 miles already. Its been a long day...left home since 8AM and just got back at 11PM. I75 took almost 6 hrs coming back, because several people had accidents, one even flipped over.
I will post a detailed review when I have rested but I have to say a few things.

I HAD A LOT OF ATTENTION TODAY. Those who knew what it was gave a nice smile, and several people gave me the its a "fucking dodge neon look"

Anyways I did hit the century MPH several times. I will say this......I HIT 17PSI AND HELD, CONSTANTLY IN 5th gear when I DID WOT, for about 10 sec's at a time....I had to let off since I didnt wanna break 100.

Awesome handling from a stock vehicle. During highway snail traffic my wife said " Youre not shifting as much as before"

Reply: This thing has so much freaking power I can take off in 2nd second without effort.

Later guys!
Yes, another Tampa SRT-4, major congrats Cali! 6 hours to get back home, what's the name of that song, "You took the long way home." Whenever a new sports car model comes out they seem to attract a lot of attention, I'm glad I'm getting one also. I think the warm weather (84) is responsible for the 17psi. Good luck with it, and have lots of safe fun.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boys:

I am so tired, but I had to come back to the pc....
I will get pics tomorrow...Those guys have SRT heaven down there....OMG!!
And I hate florida love bugs.....I had to wash the front of the car when I got home.

Driving it the first 10 mins was tough. I stalled the first time, because the gas pedal is sooooo different form my civic. Anyways, at first my wife and I BOTH had issues with the seats, but after about 10 mins....I LOVED IT!!!
She even fell asleep for several hours on the way back...meanwhile I was stomping up guys in 5th gear!

It was enjoyable! She even enjoys riding in this car!! She loved the attention we got especially when a couple kids in matrix pulled up and said ...its the first one we've seen....they wanted to check it out, but I needed to get home....so

I let them get up ahead....and then spooled up nice and sweet in 3rd, up to about 4K and flew by! Did I say this VEHICLE HAS TORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this vehicle holds up engine wise etc as time goes on....I think this could be baby supra :)

Before I got the car I was crying for lowering springs...but now I say its absolutely not necessary! I would never recommend buying a car without test driving it, but I did! NO REGRETS.

NOW ABOUT THE SHIFTER:
PLASTIC sucks balls...my palms were sticking to it ( yes I was sweating with ac on :) )
2nd and 3rd does appear to have a notchy feel, its not grinding but its not smooth always. I havent looked under the car yet, but I would say this; The issue lies somewhere iin the shift linkage design, based on similar problems I had with my civic when I installed a short shifter.

Oh..one other thing...1 to second is wayyyyyyyy to long a throw! that needs to be fixed for me!
Another thing:
24MPG on first tank of gas...included FULL AC, city traffic like hell....highway traffic like hell...stop and go, and some outrageous 5th gear stomps...not bad at all....

cali :twisted:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BMXfreak said:
Nice man, I'm happy for ya. I'm soooo excited counting down the days untill June so i can get mine. I'm near Tampa (Palm Harbor), did you go down to miami to get it? I think i'd be nervous driving a great distand to buy a car...I dunno why, just seems...risky. What color did you get? PM me some pics if you have some
theres a yellow one in clearwater,
Jerry Ulm should have a couple this week.
Fairbanks has a shitload left, but I was told they are getting 70 total and thats the end of it.

Also: BIG RUMOR MILL HERE:

Appears there may not be an '04 model :(

·
Registered
726 Posts
Congrats Cali...this should go a long way towards completing your healing process :wink:

I'm happy for ya! :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
cali said:
. I stalled the first time, because the gas pedal is sooooo different form my civic.

When I test drove the car, I stalled it too (I have a civic as well). The gas pedal felt really stiff....it was beggin for a stompin...lol :twisted:

[quote="cali
Also: BIG RUMOR MILL HERE:

Appears there may not be an '04 model :(
[/quote]

OMG no '04?? :cry: Who told you?? How did they know?

Congrats on the car :D

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well...it wasnt directly said, but it was hinted to that there may not be anymore....this was at the dealership.

The way he said (TONE), we only get 70 and thats it, came off to me like thats it.
It would be nice if its true:), and it would be bad too. :twisted:

Cali

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
there will absolutely be an '04 model.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
cali said:
2nd and 3rd does appear to have a notchy feel, its not grinding but its not smooth always. I havent looked under the car yet, but I would say this; The issue lies somewhere iin the shift linkage design, based on similar problems I had with my civic when I installed a short shifter.
The second to third shift clears up, it never gets smooth, but the "notch" up on third disapears.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Congrates, join the club!

The shifter should break in after a while. Mine does not feel as notchy as when i first purchased it. Or maybe its cause I got use to it?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
my ride?....lol.....congrats and glad to hear the wife likes...tell her i told her so... :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
15 Participants
NeonDan
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing