Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight so my dad agreed to get a whoel ewn setup for my car adn i dont want nothign to heavy but will also deviler in BASS, he said i can get all new speakers (i dont have the kicker) new head unit, amps and subs. wut do u advise my best bet would be for also keeping a decent budget and not to much weight

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Main_Event said:
i dont want nothign to heavy but will also deviler in BASS

pick one or the other. heavy system with lots of BASS, or light system with little bass.

try posting a budget and weight. what i consider a decent budget is far different than most :eveilgrin and when i build a system, it's at least 150 lbs, and my last being well over 250 lbs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Dont stress the weight too much. Think of it this way a good system will be like having another person riding with you. Also the weight will be in the trunk not up front so some say it helps with weight distrubution. Never really noticed myself.

·
Registered
527 Posts
get some nice focal speakers with a blaubunkt 300 watt amp powering the speakers then get like a 2 jl w6 with a ppi amp powerin the subs, some nice 4/0 wire to the amps supplying power. on the fronts resnake some new thicker speaker wire u dont wanna use the shitty 18 gauge stock wire and also disconnect the rear speakers ur not sitting back there anyways so who cares all this could be had for about 800 bucks and it will blow ur mind

·
Registered
527 Posts
For a cheaper lighter system I would go all Alpine Type R. Type R components in the front, to help the budget I would use the Type S 6x9s in the rear as the fronts will be out powering them anyway, then 1 12" Type R sub. To power all this I would just use the Alpine MRD-F450 5channel amp, it has 4ch that can be set to hp, lp or stereo and a seperate mono out. Will keep the weight down beings it's only one amp for the whole system and will be more than enough to supply power to the aforementioned system. As for a head unit I would check out http://www.alpine-usa.com and look around, they have a wide variety but I believe you can get one w/ 3 4v pre-outs for under $200 which would also be perfect for the above system. All of this I would guess to come out to about $1200 or so, not too bad for a full system and I'm sure you'd be pleased.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.