Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when it is released.

those that have purchased the ipp intake brand new and still own the product. (original buyer)

who will not recieve it
people that have purchased the intake used from another person.

people who have tampered with the old intake system such as cut the intake or anything to that nature.

people that are unable to produce the old piece back to us. ie sold their intake and is trying to get a new one.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
How about if I imagined I had the original IPP intake. Will you send me a brand new one for my fictitious memory??

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
will you be selling the piece for those that bought it used?

·
Registered
589 Posts
So, not only will we pay shipping for the product to us, we also have to pay for the product to be shipped back? That's kinda shitty considering the design flaw. But I am sick of the fucking coolant leaks (I was the first one, when Hector explained it to you ray) which still happen. Anything to fix that I will do.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
umm will still be same size or bigger???/ maybe 3 inch :)

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SlowV6 said:
So, not only will we pay shipping for the product to us, we also have to pay for the product to be shipped back? That's kinda shitty considering the design flaw. But I am sick of the fucking coolant leaks (I was the first one, when Hector explained it to you ray) which still happen. Anything to fix that I will do.

glad to see someone complaining. whos next!!!!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
when it is released.

those that have purchased the ipp intake brand new and still own the product. (original buyer)

who will not recieve it
people that have purchased the intake used from another person.

people who have tampered with the old intake system such as cut the intake or anything to that nature.

people that are unable to produce the old piece back to us. ie sold their intake and is trying to get a new one.

So wait because I bought my IPP intake from someone else I get f**ked out of the redesigned piece?? That's bull**it.

I still own what everyone else that is the "original" buyer owns. What's the difference?

I'd be more than happy to send you a pic to show it hasn't been tampered with, it's in it original state.

What's the reasoning behind that decision?? I'm curious

·
Registered
80 Posts
so if i bought mine threw Exhause depot will i still get the new piece? just wondering

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
bodizapha13 said:
because they see none of the profits of a re-sale. tell original owner to file for it and then have him send you the part.
But the whole point of redesigning the intake was to remedy a design flaw. It shouldn't matter who currently owns the actual piece, if they are getting the original part back who cares who owns it or how many times it has changed hands? What it comes down to is that the original owners were fed up with the intake so they sold it. Now the "Buyers" are getting screwed by this "policy"

Why even offer the redesigned piece at all if only a fraction of the people are going to get it. IPP knew that xxx of intakes were marketed and sold so when they made the decision to redesign and remedy the situation they should have prepared themselves to offer to everyone of those intakes that left their building.

Thats like someone buying a car from toyota, dodge, mazda, etc... and one day the original owner decides to sell their car. Then a few months later it is discovered that there's a defect that causes engine fires. Then the manufacturer saying "Okay, everyone we are going to redesign the enigne to make it right" And when the redesign is done them coming back and saying "Sorry it only applies to the original owners."

I still don't see the reasoning and/or logic.

·
Registered
685 Posts
y0o ray i will have to meet up with you sometime when it comes out.. F shipping haha.. umm let me kno i told you people are awaiting the product.. thanks

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Greg_04-SRT4 said:
But the whole point of redesigning the intake was to remedy a design flaw. It shouldn't matter who currently owns the actual piece, if they are getting the original part back who cares who owns it or how many times it has changed hands? What it comes down to is that the original owners were fed up with the intake so they sold it. Now the "Buyers" are getting screwed by this "policy"

Why even offer the redesigned piece at all if only a fraction of the people are going to get it. IPP knew that xxx of intakes were marketed and sold so when they made the decision to redesign and remedy the situation they should have prepared themselves to offer to everyone of those intakes that left their building.

Thats like someone buying a car from toyota, dodge, mazda, etc... and one day the original owner decides to sell their car. Then a few months later it is discovered that there's a defect that causes engine fires. Then the manufacturer saying "Okay, everyone we are going to redesign the enigne to make it right" And when the redesign is done them coming back and saying "Sorry it only applies to the original owners."

I still don't see the reasoning and/or logic.
Dude, do you realize that most warranties and such are non-transferrable?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
BlackDragon said:
Dude, do you realize that most warranties and such are non-transferrable?
I know what you mean, but the way I am looking at it is, initially, IPP is taking responsibility for a design flaw, but then they come back and say not everyone is elligible.

But Ray has already made another thread stating that their concerns were with people scamming IPP to get a free intake, so a new procedure was created and doesn't look like there will be a problem.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Greg_04-SRT4 said:
I know what you mean, but the way I am looking at it is, initially, IPP is taking responsibility for a design flaw, but then they come back and say not everyone is elligible.

But Ray has already made another thread stating that their concerns were with people scamming IPP to get a free intake, so a new procedure was created and doesn't look like there will be a problem.
Its nothing like a warranty...its more like a recall. When a manufactuer recalls an automobile for any reason everybody who has that car with that problem is elligible.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FWDRacer1838 said:
Its nothing like a warranty...its more like a recall. When a manufactuer recalls an automobile for any reason everybody who has that car with that problem is elligible.

WRONG!!!! It is not a recall is something i chose to do to make people happy. yes there are people tht had issues but there are more people that didnt.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ray,

All i need is a new turbo to pipe coupler. I have no issues with paying for it. How do I go about getting one?

Thanks,

Corey

1 - 20 of 20 Posts