Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or at what point will the OEM-style diverter valve become a liability? (please no "Mopar BOV sucks" flames)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
SolarA853 said:
Or at what point will the OEM-style diverter valve become a liability? (please no "Mopar BOV sucks" flames)
Isnt stage 3 using the same type of setup for the BOV. If so, thats an 11 sec car with the "Shitty Mopar BOV".

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Stage 3R recommends the Mopar BOV so I don't think it will be a problem....

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
chubz said:
Isnt stage 3 using the same type of setup for the BOV. If so, thats an 11 sec car with the "Shitty Mopar BOV".
You the man ... right on. I love my Shitty Little Blue Valve :lol: With my S3 I'll love it even more :jester: Just running stock with all MOPAR MODS.

·
Registered
956 Posts
There is NOTHING wrong with the stock surge valve and Mopar BOV plate. Ethan said that the stock surge valve will hold ANY amount of boost, and anyone with half a brain knows that the Mopar "BOV" is really just a plate that redirects the flow of air to the atmosphere, as opposed to back into the intake. EVERY problem ever associated with the Mopar BOV plate is due to people NOT INSTALLING IT PROPERLY. I am sick and tired of four new threads a week on the Mopar BOV plate. The only problem that could ever be associated with the stock surge valve is the amount of air it flows when it opens. External blow-off valves on the throttle body (up-pipe) will allow for an unlimited amount of flow (depending on how they are set), while the placement of the stock surge valve may be limited at very high psi levels. However, it is not the Mopar BOV plate that is responsible for this, but merely the stock surge valve. So in relation to the initial thread concern, ANYONE can go fast with the stock surge valve (not Mopar BOV plate, as that just merely redirects the air flow and creates noise), it just requires that the person who alters the stock surge valve (installs a Mopar BOV plate) can bolt everything back in properly.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Rydiak said:
The is NOTHING wrong with the stock surge valve and Mopar BOV plate. Ethan said that the stock surge valve will hold ANY amount of boost, and anyone with half a brain knows that the Mopar "BOV" is really just a plate that redirects the flow of air to the atmosphere, as opposed to back into the intake. EVERY problem ever associated with the Mopar BOV plate is due to people NOT INSTALLING IT PROPERLY. I am sick and tired of four new threads a week on the Mopar BOV plate. The only problem that could ever be associated with the stock surge valve is the amount of air it flows when it opens. External blow-off valves on the throttle body (up-pipe) will allow for an unlimited amount of flow (depending on how they are set), while the placement of the stock surge valve may be limited at very high psi levels. However, it is not the Mopar BOV plate that is responsible for this, but merely the stock surge valve. So in relation to the initial thread concern, ANYONE can go fast with the stock surge valve (not Mopar BOV plate, as that just merely redirects the air flow and creates noise), it just requires that the person who alters the stock surge valve (installs a Mopar BOV plate) can bolt everything back in properly.

Ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner.

If you where down here, I would take you out to lunch. Good post.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner.

If you where down here, I would take you out to lunch. Good post.
Thank you, Hector. I just finally reached boiling point regarding every thread and the Mopar BOV. Someone should sticky what I posted about the Mopar BOV so we don't continue to get misinformed posts about it.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Rydiak said:
Thank you, Hector. I just finally reached boiling point regarding every thread and the Mopar BOV. Someone should sticky what I posted about the Mopar BOV so we don't continue to get misinformed posts about it.
Why dont you make it your sig. That would rock! :)

Condensed version of course.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just the info I was looking for, thanks for all the responses.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.