Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I developed a crack in my stock fuel rail and if the weld shop can't tig the crack, then I will have no choice to buy the Perrin Fuel rail. Got a big trip to Cali on Friday and I need a fix fast..

My question concerning the Fuel rail, is how and where do you attach the fuel line from the rail to the fuel line hard mounted on the car?

Need some good answers in hurry. Thanks

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Where did it crack? I have the jlm fuel kit . I noticed on your pics the other night that the regulator was straight up. mine was touching the hood , so i altered it slightly forward to clear it .Cant jason get you another by weeks end or has frances did the kybosh on him . sorry man that sucks ,they can prolly fix it ps thanx for all the map clamp info , sets my mind at ease. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Super Steve said:
My question concerning the Fuel rail, is how and where do you attach the fuel line from the rail to the fuel line hard mounted on the car?
It just snaps into the factory hard line,

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
the braided stainless line from the perrin connects to the factory hard line near the passenger side firewall, but how are you going to hook up the return system when the perrin doesn't have a shrader valve....

·
Registered
449 Posts
All of the answers are right in the fuel rail description on PERRIN's website.

For Super Steve:
PERRIN Performance said:
The PERRIN Performance™ fuel rail features a quick disconnect connector which will attach directly to existing hard fuel lines. No cutting or modification is required. This direct replacement installs in minutes.
For Roost Boost:
PERRIN Performance said:
PERRIN Performance™ fuel rail has a built in optional fuel port for external fuel pressure risers, additional fuel injectors, fuel gauge,or nitrous fuel line.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The perrin has 2 ports on the top. If you look at it with the writing right side up the Left port is the feed and the Right port is return. You will need a fitting to connect your return to the braided line and fitting that normally screwed on to the schrader valve.

Wait..I have a car in my garage now with the ATP Turbo kit and the rail, and plenty of pics from working on DCools AGP car with the rail... Lemme find them!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Not the best pics. This is Craig DCools car.

This is the car I am working on right now. It has issues. The mess was not made by me...this is why it was brought to me. It get's even worse. Stupid shops! :) I'll tell the story some time soon.

Hopefully one of these pics will help. Isn't there another rail available? I remember seeing pics of one, don't remember specifics though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts