Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious....that movie is a great one. Makes me want to get chased and swerve!

Also makes me wish I had Super Soul on the radio now!

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
I saw it, but it was a long time ago. I do remember seeing the fox remake...

You think we're going to catch him in that dogpile chevy? It takes a mopar to catch a mopar... :lol:

Then they thrashed that black 68 charger.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The original is great.

The remake horrible.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I believe they crashed a Camaro into the dozer blades, not the charger :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
srtpato said:
The original is great. The remake horrible.

×2 :clap:

The DVD includes the UK release version of the film, which has an extra sequence where Kowalski picks up a mysterious female hitchhiker at night,
during his last night on the road. This is a great scene, I'd say the film isn't complete without it!

When I buy the new 2009 Challenger, there's only ONE color on my want list:
PLAIN WHITE

PS: You can CLEARLY see the "Camaro" nameplate on the wrecked car for a couple of frames in the DVD :lol:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Every loyal mopar fan should see vanishing point. I have seen both the original and the remake. I own the original on DVD. Great car flick.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have both and i the frist the crash a 67 camaro great flick.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have both on dvd as well great movies for mopar lovers. i personally like the remake better except for the part where he meets up with the naked chick and guy that help him out in the desert. shes hott. :clap:

its sad when the state trooper rolls the charger :crying:

another good mopar flick to rent/buy is caller: Mopar Muscle Cars
it highlights various models from thr 50s through the 70s my favorite being the hemi dart if one could only find on these days

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
Scapegoat said:
I believe they crashed a Camaro into the dozer blades, not the charger :D
I think it was a 60's firebird they crashed into the dozer instead of the challenger. The charger rolled while chasing the challenger. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
What year did the original come out?

·
Registered
118 Posts
V.p.

ENapa said:
What year did the original come out?
Filmed in 1970, came out in 1971.

Crappy remake made in 1997. (I'll give 'em credit for trying, it just didn't 'gel')

A bonus trailer on my "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry" DVD shows that these two films were re-released in 1976 billed together as a double-feature :rockon :2thumbsup

(the two best endings in car movies ever! :devilsmil :rockon)

·
Registered
118 Posts
thepowertowin said:
I think it was a 60's firebird they crashed into the dozer instead of the challenger. The charger rolled while chasing the challenger. :thumbsup:
That would be the 1997 remake, the original 1971 film sends a '67 Camaro into the bulldozers (as stated by the director in the DVD commentary, also you can SEE the Camaro badge for several frames with your DVD remote's freeze-frame)

The original film has only 1968-70 Mopar police cars chasing Kowalski. (even the "Mopars" can't catch Kowalski in the original! :lol: )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got both movies on VHS and the original on dvd. I also managed to get the soundtrack on cd. That's got to be my favorite movie of all time. Guess that could be one of the reasons I'm such a big Mopar fan now. I've got 2 Challengers now that I'm working on restoring slowly but surely. My 73 340 Rallye Challenger is even Alpine white just like the Vanishing Point cars.

·
Registered
198 Posts
4dr Economy Car said:
[/I]

×2 :clap:

The DVD includes the UK release version of the film, which has an extra sequence where Kowalski picks up a mysterious female hitchhiker at night,
during his last night on the road. This is a great scene, I'd say the film isn't complete without it!
I bought the DVD with that extra scene. Good stuff :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's it, I'm gonna go rent it now (since I can't find my copy!!!!!)
That engine is beautiful sounding and my favorite line is:
"What you need?" "Speed."

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
I definately need to re-watch the original... I can only remember the re-make apparently. And that dirty larry, crazy mary... what a weird movie...:lol: I do like the ending though... I think that was in the opening credits of "fall guy" as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts