Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also any feedback on custom tunes with this. The local shop here tunes with SCT, I have a DSP, but they dont have the program to get into the fine tuning of it. Like to get some feedback before I switch. Have alot of mods, and hope to get it tuned in the local area. Right now I have a stage 3 ECU, can the SCT be used with that, or would it be better to go back to the Stock ECU? Thanks

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Also any feedback on custom tunes with this. The local shop here tunes with SCT, I have a DSP, but they dont have the program to get into the fine tuning of it. Like to get some feedback before I switch. Have alot of mods, and hope to get it tuned in the local area. Right now I have a stage 3 ECU, can the SCT be used with that, or would it be better to go back to the Stock ECU? Thanks
If you are going to go the SCT route i would put your stock ecu back in as you are basically wiping out whats on the pcm for a tune on the SCT. Makes sense to get some money back and sell the stage 3 pcm.

I have the SCT from AGP and have been pretty sucessfully tuning my car. I just tell them what i need done to my map and Kevin @ AGP emails them back to me right away.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i just purchased the PRP custom tuning software today from P-Werks. I'll let you know how it works out in the next few weeks ;)

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
u have the trinity? i may sell my sct to get the trinity or may keep in case i dont have luck

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no I have the DSP. Not the trinity. I am just looking into this. The local shop here can tune SCT. I hate to drive 4 hours to get tunes, but if it is worth it I might.
The shop here said the DSP are burning up PCM's. I dont know, I havent heard about that.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
7,512 Posts
The DSP isn't burning up the PCM, something else is. Either tool in the wrong hands can damage the PCM or more.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
no I have the DSP. Not the trinity. I am just looking into this. The local shop here can tune SCT. I hate to drive 4 hours to get tunes, but if it is worth it I might.
The shop here said the DSP are burning up PCM's. I dont know, I havent heard about that.
The DSP isn't burning up the PCM, something else is. Either tool in the wrong hands can damage the PCM or more.
Not sure if it was in conjunction with the DSP, but a week after I loaded my DSP I got a CEL code for the Crankshaft Sensor. Replaced those and the CEL was still on, finally realized my PCM had died on me and needed a new one. Needless to say I sold my DSP.

Could have been a coincidence, could have been DSP. Not saying which, but just throwing where some people got that idea from. I read the same thing afterwards from several forms.

DSP is a great piece of equipment in its own right.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i agree. I have no idea. That is just what they told me. But this is a local shop, I dont know how many SRT's they have worked on. So I am keeping my thoughts to myself. I just dont know.

·
7,512 Posts
I would vote for coincidence. DSP and SCT are both great tuning tools! DSP having the capability to datalog is what makes it so nice. But you can datalog with a DSP and still tune with SCT.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I would vote for coincidence. DSP and SCT are both great tuning tools! DSP having the capability to datalog is what makes it so nice. But you can datalog with a DSP and still tune with SCT.
yea this is the boat i'm in. i will be tuning with SCT but i will datalog with a DSP hand held.

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
how about a package deal of DSP and SCT PRP. :paranoid: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
it would be nice if DSP released datalogging software by itself

·
7,512 Posts
Well there is datalogging software, it just has to use the DSP as a pass through device. Just find a cheap used DSP and it won't hurt the wallet as bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts