Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be having the Mopar Hi-Performance clutch installed in my '03 SRT-4 within the next week or so. My car is mostly stock and I will probably never bring it to more than 320 lb/ft. I will also be installing the Mopar short-throw shifter, booger bushings, new linkage cables, and changing from stock trans. fluid to Royal Purple Synchromax.

I was wondering what people had to say about the clutch, or any of the other parts....

Also I am debating whether to get the Mopar CAI or the K&N typhoon...

·
Forum Moderator, 2011 Calendar Car
15,675 Posts
stay away from the K&N... but the clutch actually holds alot more than 320, alot of people say around 400..

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
I was running upwards of 350-370 whp on my Mopar Stage 3, and the Mopar clutch held it just fine. I will now be testing it on an AGP kit.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
conroy9940 said:
stay away from the K&N... but the clutch actually holds alot more than 320, alot of people say around 400..
That's good to hear about the clutch. Why stay away from the K&N? Would you reccommend the Mopar CAI, or something else?

·
Registered
194 Posts
AWH said:
conroy9940 said:
That's good to hear about the clutch. Why stay away from the K&N? Would you reccommend the Mopar CAI, or something else?
I've heard that the silicon couplers and elbow on the k&n are very cheap and will suck closed under boost. Also i believe that the Mopar and Aem are the same intake, but don't quote me on that.

I just had a Mopar clutch installed a few days ago at a shop managed by a friend. I'm having some issues with it. I dont really think its the clutch as much as a mechanics screwup. I'm in the process of getting it straightened out so once its all good i'll let you know what i think of it.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I had one for about 6 months and loved it. great driveability and never once slipped. This was on a .50 trim at 22 psi. Around 400hp.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I had one over a year ago. Until it let go at 6000 RPM's. Tore up my bellhousing and needless to say it was in peices. Drag radials and 270 WHP. So I dont agree with the ratings on it as WTQ but instead flywheel TQ.

Ill stick with my DCR clutch.
Chris.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts