Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was poking around and was going to purchase the kit tonight. But i found out that there are no instructions what so ever for the kit. Here is my last post on a thread about the kit.

{{{{{ Jason,

I was going to purchase this kit off of you today. Why didn't I? For one, i can't believe you do not have instructions on how to install this. And second would be from SeRITc's site.

SeRiTc said:
7/6/05
Well along with the kit arriving open already there were no instructions included with it so I have a tone of screws, bolts, clips, wires, and no clue on where they go! The motors for the doors are not even labeled left and right so this is not just a plug and play kit like JLM Claims. I did get the right side motor mounted and ran the wires; my camera battery was dead so I could not take pictures. Plus it was raining out and didn’t get much done since I need to figure this installation out on my own. I did email JLM about no instructions but did not receive an email back as of yet. As long as it does not rain again tonight I will try and get some more done. Oh yea you will need to cut and drill holes in your door panel to get this mounted correctly! For $170+ I don’t know if its worth the time and hassle of this kit[/U]. Hope to get some instructions soon!

On top off all that you are ASKING him to give you his install instructions and pics. Has the main (only) vendor of this product, I think getting a manual together should of been one of the 1st things you would do for prospective costomers.

I will purchase the kit when it comes with a complete set of instructions on how to prep and install the kit.}}}}}}

I wanted to know form the guys that installed the kit already, "How hard was it?" and "How long did it take?"

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i wouldn't even bother with it. who cares about power windows for the back. just pretend you have a 2 door.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
People actually buy kits like this?? Power windows for the rear?? How often are you in the back of your car while driving??

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really that's not the point. I like driving with my windows down instead of the air on. If you crack your back windows down 1/2 way the air will not rush in the front window and smack you in the ear. Yaya it bugs the fuck out of me.

Then again i dont see the point in spending $200+ on a CAI that gives you no gains.

·
Registered
659 Posts
wait reduction

why would u wanna add weight to ur car. dodge didnt add the power rear window for one reason which is weight reduction. so dont mess it up.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
3,003 Posts
Weight? Hmm the whole package for the rear windows weighs maybe 4-5 pounds at max. And the install is very time consuming. (3-4 hours) And if you know simple wiring you wont need instructions, but if a first timer you surely will need some. Works great, just in my opinion it is a cheap housing. I am having my door panels taken off and having them molded on to make it look more factory. Without doing such it looks like it doesnt really belong there in my opinion.

And dodge didnt not add the rear windows for weight redux. They did it to keep the price of the car down. Along with all the other cheap ideas they had for the interior of the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Guys, you can read in this thread http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156017 that I am quite happy with my kit, yea there are no instructions but that is being worked on. I would recommend this kit to anyone! Once you have it installed it is so much nicer driving with the back windows down. Come on and give Jason a break, he is the only vendor I know of that offers this kit to us. The pods are made of plastic just like our door panels and if you take your time installing the rear pods then it looks like factory. This was my first time installing a PWK and I did not run into any problems. So give it a try and you won’t regret it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
FranknBeans said:
So i was poking around and was going to purchase the kit tonight. But i found out that there are no instructions what so ever for the kit. Here is my last post on a thread about the kit.

{{{{{ Jason,

I was going to purchase this kit off of you today. Why didn't I? For one, i can't believe you do not have instructions on how to install this. And second would be from SeRITc's site.

On top off all that you are ASKING him to give you his install instructions and pics. Has the main (only) vendor of this product, I think getting a manual together should of been one of the 1st things you would do for prospective costomers.

I will purchase the kit when it comes with a complete set of instructions on how to prep and install the kit.}}}}}}

I wanted to know form the guys that installed the kit already, "How hard was it?" and "How long did it take?"
Sorry for the delay when you decide to purchase the power window kit from us they will come with instructions from are manufacturer.I guess the last few kits I had ship didn't come with instructions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts