Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to who has the Forge BOV and what you think of it. I have the mopar bov and I want to rid myself of the worries of it leaking and thought the Forge BOV may be a good replacement. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Forge BOV is ok. I dont care for the noise. but it is a good piece. My buddie james has one. its great. if you dont like the LOUD type then its for you. no leakage if installed corectly and sounds good to me. better than the mopar non the less.

Mike

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
think about a new gasket or tighten the bolts. i had the mopar BOV for 3 months with no problems. just make sure it is really really tight.

Mike

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the forge . ANd I think it sounds sweet. Especially with the intake that I have (K&N). The Flutter + PSHHHHHHHHHH of the forge sounds sweet. Wasnt that loud just installed by itself. Added an intake and it sounds louder. And then added Stage 1 and sounds even louder especially outside of the car. Guy on a Yamaha R6 Complimented me on the sound of it after I took my car out to test out stage 1, He complimented my exhaust as well. Havent had any problems with it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The Forge functions very similarly to the stock surge valve, but has much higher quality construction and is rebuildable. I think it has a little more flow capacity too as it vents from several holes instead of just one like the Mopar plate. The mounting surface is one solid piece with an o-ring, not like the Mopar which is a plate sandwiched under the stock piece with a gasket, so I think the Forge would be much less prone to leak as well. As far as sound, it sounds almost just like the Mopar, but slightly higher pitched. Maybe not even higher pitched, but it sounds like the air is moving faster or something. I like the sound and mine has worked fine for the last few months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.