Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And what would be safe with stage 2? I just want a simple kit like a 60 or 75 shot any help is great.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Get a NX wet kit or better...direct port kit if you got the funds
Zex, NOS, are your other options. im just more familiar with NX and from what i've seen and researched...they have the best quality solenoids and nitrous components out of everyone.

·
Registered
448 Posts
ZEX should eb your first option, NOS and NX should be your back up plans... ZEX actually runs off of your Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) to learn where wide open throttle is rather than having to mount the crapper micro switch!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
yeah zex is "smarter" in that it's computer controlled and does most of the work for ya.
only thing, i've heard of zex users that dynoed it saying that a 55 shot is actually around 40....whereas the 50 shot of nx was 50 if not a little more.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I am checking the zex thing. Can i just run a a nozzle into the ic piping or not? I want a system I can play with on saturday nights and nothing real visible. thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Corrado Kid said:
ZEX should eb your first option, NOS and NX should be your back up plans... ZEX actually runs off of your Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) to learn where wide open throttle is rather than having to mount the crapper micro switch!
ZEX makes a kit with the WOT switch just like NX. It just depends what components you use. IMO the NX EFI + GenX + Maximizer is the ultimate setup for teh SRT-4.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
ZEX makes a kit with the WOT switch just like NX. It just depends what components you use. IMO the NX EFI + GenX + Maximizer is the ultimate setup for teh SRT-4.
what are you using for power (75/100?) and what air/fuel jet numbers are you using?
where do you have your jets drilled? a pic would be nice..
do you have S2? or what power bolt ons if any...?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
the n-tercooler kit is what im running now. i recently had it dynoed on my car and gained over 30 whp and 40 ft/lbs of torque.
im scheduling another dyno run to check my air/fuel ratios.

the n-tercooler kit is safer than any wet/dry kit due to the fact that your not spraying nitrous into the motor (which can result in bad things things like puddling) Things can go very wrong if the atomization isn't just right, contaminants in the n20, activating n20 during partial throttle, hitting the rev/speed limiter while spraying, etc).
so basically, the ntercooler purges n20 onto the intercooler because its very very cold. in fact, it could give you frostbite if purged on your skin directly. anyways, the drastic drop in temps cools the air going in, which equals denser air = more power, lessens detonation from the high heat produced on forced induction vehicles.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Soccer69er said:
the n-tercooler kit is what im running now. i recently had it dynoed on my car and gained over 30 whp and 40 ft/lbs of torque.
im scheduling another dyno run to check my air/fuel ratios.

the n-tercooler kit is safer than any wet/dry kit due to the fact that your not spraying nitrous into the motor (which can result in bad things things like puddling) Things can go very wrong if the atomization isn't just right, contaminants in the n20, activating n20 during partial throttle, hitting the rev/speed limiter while spraying, etc).
so basically, the ntercooler purges n20 onto the intercooler because its very very cold. in fact, it could give you frostbite if purged on your skin directly. anyways, the drastic drop in temps cools the air going in, which equals denser air = more power, lessens detonation from the high heat produced on forced induction vehicles.
where do you buy it?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
robino said:
what are you using for power (75/100?) and what air/fuel jet numbers are you using?
where do you have your jets drilled? a pic would be nice..
do you have S2? or what power bolt ons if any...?

thanks.
I get asked this every week on here.

Search the Drag Racing Forum, I believe my setup & times are in there.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
SRT4B said:
So you're saying, the $580 Stage One EFI Kit + The GenX? Which GenX? There's 2 of them, and 1 comes with the purge valve.

Oh and Soccer, do you have a CAI? Or the stock air-box?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Yeah, looks like right now the Stage One EFI Single Fogger kit is enough for me. A Direct-Port system would be cool but I don't feel like drilling anything right now. The Single Fogger systems seem to be easier to install/un-install.

After getting that, and the Gen-XII upgrade (bottle warmer, purge valve, fuel safety switch, pressure gauge, blow down fitting) .. is there anything else you guys recommend I get? That right there is about $950, but well worth it I think.

Since I have Stage 1, how much of a shot can I go to right now? And if it's only a 75-shot for now, what would I need to run a 100-shot? Fuel Pump? Anything else?

Also 1 more thing I just noticed .. I just researched the NX Maximizer Progressive Controller, and it says that it can monitor the car's A/F ratio .. is this legit? Is this wideband? What are some other comments on this unit?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Khryz said:
Yeah, looks like right now the Stage One EFI Single Fogger kit is enough for me. A Direct-Port system would be cool but I don't feel like drilling anything right now. The Single Fogger systems seem to be easier to install/un-install.

After getting that, and the Gen-XII upgrade (bottle warmer, purge valve, fuel safety switch, pressure gauge, blow down fitting) .. is there anything else you guys recommend I get? That right there is about $950, but well worth it I think.

Since I have Stage 1, how much of a shot can I go to right now? And if it's only a 75-shot for now, what would I need to run a 100-shot? Fuel Pump? Anything else?

Also 1 more thing I just noticed .. I just researched the NX Maximizer Progressive Controller, and it says that it can monitor the car's A/F ratio .. is this legit? Is this wideband? What are some other comments on this unit?

Thanks guys.
definately get the fuel pump .....and also the wideband .......aem is great thats what i have and like it

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
What if I was running a 75-shot, still need a fuel pump? And the AEM UEGO is like $400 too right? So that's another $500 right there .. but definately worth it.

Anything else? No like return-fuel line or something like that?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Khryz said:

Thanks guys.
CraneCams makes a progressive nitrous controller. It was made to overcome some limitations of a dry nitrous system, but turns out it works great on a wet system. It is like $260 and is fairly easy to wire up. You will need a tach driver like the MSD unit. You set the start and end RPM on the unit and it progressively adds nitrous as your RPM goes up (1500rpm-5500rpm 0%-100%)

For the best and only wideband I have used (LM-1) go to: www.innovatemotorsports.com

The best thing about the LM-1 is that it is expandable.

You will need to buy the right jets if you want to do a 100+ shot. The fuel pump would probably be a good idea.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts