Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.auto.com/photos/2003/04mustang/index.htm

it looks like even the poor mustang is crying.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I like the first drawing a hell lot better then that! Looks like Ford took an ugly stick to it and after reading the article in motor Trend I hope Ford does indeed fall behind the production date so they fix it right because I like to see a nice looking Mustang in the rear view mirror not that :cry:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Retro sucks, I am tired of it. New Beetle, T-Bird, PT Crusier, Chevy SSR, their styling sucks IMHO. The cars they are imitating were great, 50 years ago, but they need to let by-gones be by-gones. The Mustang is the type of car that you want to see the styling evolve, not imitate past models. If I wanted a 66 Mustang I'd buy one, not some ugly ass imitator. First the 4.6L and now this styling, I give the Mustang 10 years max. Especially if they reintroduce the Camaro.

-Faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the cobra r was the pinnacle of styling and now it is going downhill.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Yeah, I reserve my final judgement until
they really produce something and I can
see it in person. The current Mustang is
a pretty slick machine (unlike the 94-98 ).

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
thehemi said:
Yeah, I reserve my final judgement until
they really produce something and I can
see it in person. The current Mustang is
a pretty slick machine (unlike the 94-98 ).
94 and 95 were both good years because they still had the 5.0's. Then they introduced the 4.6L and it was an absolute dog up until about 98. However the newer ones are getting fast again and I'd love to get my hands on a Mach 1 or a Cobra. :twisted:

-faast

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Most people including myself thought the 94-98 design sucked when it was introduced but I & most others changed their minds. The same thing w/ the 99-current design. I wound up buying both designs. I don't believe the new design will look exactly like this but I like what I'm seeing so far. If it came out today I'd buy one especially the Boss 302 version if it comes to fruition.
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/s197/sketches/index.htm

·
Registered
59 Posts
i havent been a fan of the mustang looks for a while now(cant stand the fake hood intakes) so when i found out they were changing the design i got interested again. but looks like ford screwed up again. boo to this mustang

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think they are pretty cool looking. However it all depends on the engine for me to really get behind it. If its got a really powerful engine, then the looks dont become so important.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Engine.

I heard that the 2005 Mustang will have the 4.2L V8 found in most Jaguars, which is supposebly one of the most efficient V8's on the market now. It is said to produce alot more power than a 4.6L, better gas mileage, and better top end [unlike the torque-monster 302 (5.0)]. So it's going to be rocking a more effective motor, so we'll see what happens when someone gets some more indepth readings on it.

- Khryz

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ryan Autry said:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustanggtconcept/gallery/indexpage1.htm

What red X? :?: 8) :lol:
heheh, nice save. 8)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
20 Participants
RedBull
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing