Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dealership is not handling a warranty issue with my tires wearing badly on the outside edge.. who at dodge do i call to let them know what is going on? i didnt have the tires rotated until almost 8100 so they are giving me hell!! but it is not like 2000 miles made the tires wear out! the alignment problem was from the factory and the tires were worn on the outside at 6000 miles almost just as bad as at 8100, tire wear like this is not an overnight ordeal, now i am driving around in a car that is less than 6 months old with tires that may blow at any minute! :ben: who do i call? thanks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
AnotherNeon said:
I would call the ghost busters.
He may have better luck with them than getting DCX to warranty a wear item like tires. However, you should be able to take it in and have it aligned under warranty. Although with the lack of camber correction stock, the outsides will wear faster anyway. :stab:

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
It will be tough since officially they won't have to cover it due to lack of rotation BUT alignment is covered 1 time only in the first year and 12k of the vehicle. The alignment should be covered, but depending on how the tires are worn, that is a judgement call.

If you want to talk to the customer call center, I can post that number for you. 1-800-992-1997

If you can get any help, that's where you'll start.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this isnt a normal wear or anything like that it is real bad!! like the outside is almost showing steel and the inside is new!!! this sucks.. i did get it aligned by the dealer so now i dont have the option of going to another dealership to get the tires cause now it is aligned! i will give them a call.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes and that is one good thing going for me the reciept said abnormal outer tire wear, alignment fixed or something along those lines!

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
fozjared said:
yes and that is one good thing going for me the reciept said abnormal outer tire wear, alignment fixed or something along those lines!
Well..there should be a printout of how far the car was out of alignment and then what specs they aligned it to. It's like a before and after. You should get this from your dealer ASAP.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Warranty on low-profile performance tires!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Thats a good one....Oh boy....yes 2,000 can make a difference on tire wear, but ur situation seems a little extreme

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah that is what i meant, sorry.. i dont mean that 2000 mi. made no diff. i just meant that 2000 miles didnt make or break them!

·
Registered
452 Posts
just do what i do. get loud with the service manager. dont be afraid. i have worked for a few dealers and i have never found a service manage who is not afraid of the general manager who wants to keep numbers high and will do whatever it takes to keep you happy. it doesnt for anything extreme, but for matters that are kinda in the grey area, give it a shot. what do ya got to loose?

·
Registered
77 Posts
If the damage to your tires was a direct result of misalignment from the factory they are required to replace them under warranty. Unless they have reason to believe you have modified the suspension in any way. In that case you are up shit's creek without a paddle. Go to another dealership with the appropriate paperwork, describe the issue you have had and ask to have the tires replaced. Or... call the number someone has posted up for you and explain to the customer service folks what has happened. But be prepared for a statement along the lines of "We are not responsible for the actions of our dealerships, as they are privately owned and operated." I heard that one from Honda. LOL

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
Don't go in and get loud w/ the service manager. As a service manager, if someone starts getting loud with me I begin to lose all interest in helping that person out.

For tire warranty, I doubt very much you'll have any luck going to a dealer other than the one who sold it.

Their defense is that if you would have brought it in at 6k miles for proper rotation they could have found and corrected a problem before it got too bad.

I wouldn't do anything until you call the call center and speak with them. If you get loud with them, I'm certain they won't help you either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts